Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Browse] Playlist presentation in ios

[Browse] Playlist presentation in ios

Keep the last used setting instead of resetting it every time… seems super obvious to me but it’s really annoying that i keep having to set it to my playlist order rather than recently played. Yes i like having that option, no i do not want it by default. I’d attach a screenshot but you don’t accept the default iPhone format jpeg **bleep**

13 Replies

Hey there @killos53,

Thanks for reaching out here!

We tried replicating this issue from our end, but the sorting doesn't reset. In this case, could you let us know if the same thing happens when you log in to your account using a different mobile device? 

It would also be helpful to have some screenshots or a video where we can take a better look at what happens. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Photos or Insert Video options in the post editor. 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @killos53,

Thank you for your reply!

The video was very useful to know what's happening from your side. Keep in mind that in order for the filters to stay applied, you need to play something after you use the filter.

In other words, if you select "Albums" and play one of them, the filter will remain applied after closing and opening the app. 

Let us know how this goes. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey @killos53,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Could you try with another account on the same device to check if that makes a difference?

We'd suggest you also give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

No, i don’t have another account. 

Hey @killos53,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Just to double-check-are there any changes after the clean reinstall?

You can head here to create a new account to see if the issue persists. That way we can check if this is an account or a device-related issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator

No change after deleting the app and redownloading

Hi @killos53,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

We reviewed again the video you sent before and were able to see you were streaming from your phone to the Web Player.

Could you run the same steps, but making sure to play the music directly through your phone? Do you notice any difference?

Also, please don't forget to let us know if you were able to create and test a free account with the link provided by @Ver.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Same thing on diff phone. same thing on the new account. Same thing playing from the phone. I seriously don’t believe this was coded to be saved and youre just bs’ing me. It has never been saved in any update

Hi @killos53,

Thank you for your reply.

After testing this in from different devices and operating systems, our settings remain applied after closing and opening the app. Since we don't have any other repots about this issue, we need to narrow this down as much as possible.

In this case, could you activate the Offline Mode and check if the settings stay applied after playing something? 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

it didnt stay in offline either 

Hey @killos53,

Thanks for the post.

Can you try recording another video where you change the sorting setting to a different one, let's say alphabetical and restart the app. it would be useful to test this out in other sections of Your Library as well, like Artists, Albums, Podcasts.

On another note, it might be worth going into your phone's app settings and check that there is no Performance/ Battery optimization enabled for Spotify, as such settings might hinder the app's performance.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts