Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution When playing a song, midway through it stops for a split second and then starts again

PlanFamily premiumAustralia DeviceiPhone XS When playing a song, midway through it stops for a split second and then starts again, does it a few times during the song. Any ideas what the issue might be? I have been with Spotify and never had this iss...

• Regular
  • Plan Family premium Australia   Device iPhone XS   When playing a song, midway through it stops for a split second and then starts again, does it a few times during the song.  ...
  • Novy
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Storage - why is Spotify using so much space?!

This is absolutely absurd, I just discovered that Spotify is using 3.7gb of space on my 16gb iPad mini, leaving me with out of storage messages! The app is only 82.9mb but for some reason is using 3.7gb, fair enough if I'd downloaded any playlists/tu...

IMG_0014.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • This is absolutely absurd, I just discovered that Spotify is using 3.7gb of space on my 16gb iPad mini, leaving me with out of storage messages! The app is only 82.9mb but for some reason is using 3....
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • memory
    memory leak
    space
    storage
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Crashing

My Spotify keeps crashing whenever i play a particular playlist. out of my 3 playlists, 2 work, but the newest one keeps crashing. the songs start, but then the app crashes and they restart 1 minute in. i am on an iPhone 8

• Regular
  • My Spotify keeps crashing whenever i play a particular playlist. out of my 3 playlists, 2 work, but the newest one keeps crashing. the songs start, but then the app crashes and they restart 1 minute ...
  • CarlosE
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs/albums don't play

Plan: Family, Premium, US Device: iPhone 12 ProOperating System: iOS 14.3 My Question or IssueSome songs or albums don't play anymore. I tap on these songs and the app doesn't respond. I can see that these songs are available on Spotify as they are n...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Family, Premium, US   Device: iPhone 12 Pro Operating System: iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue Some songs or albums don't play anymore. I tap on these songs and the app...
  • bijo8585
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution iMessage in-chat sharing app vanished

CountryUSADeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14.3 The iOS iMessage app for quickly sharing songs in-chat has gone missing, perhaps due to a faulty app update. This issue was raised before, but unsatisfactorily closed by Ver, who seems to be implying t...

• Casual Listener
  • Country USA Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14.3   The iOS iMessage app for quickly sharing songs in-chat has gone missing, perhaps due to a faulty app update. This issue was raised ...
  • nabeelsherazi
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    iMessage
    iOS
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not seeing iTunes songs

Hi there, can someone please help, I’ve tried adding local files from iTunes, but it will not see the songs. I’ve tried converting file types to flac and wav but nothing. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   can someone please help, I’ve tried adding local files from iTunes, but it will not see the songs. I’ve tried converting file types to flac and wav but nothing. Please help
  • MadmanOnWheels
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast downloads are deleted

PlanPremiumCountryPerú DeviceiPhone XSOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have the Premium plan so I downloaded some podcasts. A couple of weeks ago, my downloaded list was empty so I had to download all of m...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Perú  Device iPhone XS Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have the Premium plan so I downloaded some podca...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch series 5

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceApple Watch series 5Operating SystemWatch os 7.3 My Question or IssueHi, I’ve heard that Spotify added the ability to stream music on the Apple Watch without the need to also carry a phone. I have a cellular data plan for my wa...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country US Device Apple Watch series 5 Operating System Watch os 7.3   My Question or Issue Hi, I’ve heard that Spotify added the ability to stream music on the Apple Watch w...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Playlist Will not Sync to Phone

I have a premium plan and an IPhone 11. I can not get my local file playlists on my computer to sync to my phone. I have uninstalled the app on my phone and reinstalled. I also have check the download icons on the computer and the phone. I know there...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium plan and an IPhone 11. I can not get my local file playlists on my computer to sync to my phone. I have uninstalled the app on my phone and reinstalled. I also have check the downloa...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast episodes recommendations...off?

Plan: PremiumCountry: France Device: iPhone 12 miniOperating System: iOS 14.4Spotify version: 8.5.96.967 IssueHello team, as per the screenshots attached to this case, I feel like the "new episodes" recommendation on the home page is off. This is par...

• Composer
  • Plan: Premium Country: France   Device: iPhone 12 mini Operating System: iOS 14.4 Spotify version: 8.5.96.967   Issue Hello team, as per the screenshots attached to t...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album covers

I wonder why my album covers change into another one when I start playing the song. For an example, when it’s in my playlist you can see the original album cover, but then when I start playing, it changes into another album cover.Is it something you ...

• Casual Listener
  • I wonder why my album covers change into another one when I start playing the song. For an example, when it’s in my playlist you can see the original album cover, but then when I start playing, it ch...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I-watch cellular streaming

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceI-phone XR, Apple Watch SEOperating SystemIOS 14.3 Watch 7.3 Spotify version8.5.96.967 My Question or IssueWhen I try to use use the cellular function on my watch to stream music and try to select my watch as the device, all...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device I-phone XR,  Apple Watch SE Operating System IOS 14.3 Watch 7.3   Spotify version 8.5.96.967   My Question or Issue When I try to use use th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio feature missing on iOS

PlanFreeCountryIndonesiaDeviceiPhone Xs MaxOperating SystemiOS 14.3 Can’t find radio feature, screenshots are in the attachment. Help!

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Indonesia Device iPhone Xs Max Operating System iOS 14.3   Can’t find radio feature, screenshots are in the attachment. Help!  
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Group Session ending when switching from iPhone to Mac

Plan: PremiumCountry: UsaDevice: iPhone 11, MacBook Pro 13inch 2018 My Issue:I have been using the group session feature quite often these days and its been fun. However, every time I switch the audio from My iPhone to my Mac, the session just ends.

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Usa Device: iPhone 11, MacBook Pro 13inch 2018   My Issue: I have been using the group session feature quite often these days and its been fun. However...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify personalized profile is messed up

Hi, My personalized Spotify (basically everything under "Made for You", Release Radar, Discover Weekly, etc) has gone haywire. This is all because weekly, I put on ambient music during tabletop gaming with friends. I also have a 2 year old daughter w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My personalized Spotify (basically everything under "Made for You", Release Radar, Discover Weekly, etc) has gone haywire. This is all because weekly, I put on ambient music during table...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music is not autoplaying

Hello Spotify Community I've noticed for a month now that Spotify never auto plays when i get automaticly connected to my car, air pods(pressing play). It was like a default where my Music App always went on, but never Spotify. I tried fixing it by d...

• Regular
  • Hello Spotify Community 🙂    I've noticed for a month now that Spotify never auto plays when i get automaticly connected to my car, air pods(pressing play). It was like a default where m...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • autoplay
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Proceed to App Store/Download app link bug?

Hello, I noticed recently after clicking Spotify links on mobile, it quickly flashes "proceed to app store, download app" etc, then disappears. I have to click the link 2-3 times for Spotify to open. Had a few people tell me my links were broken, whe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I noticed recently  after clicking Spotify links on mobile, it quickly flashes "proceed to app store, download app" etc, then disappears. I have to click the link 2-3 times for S...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linking
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution show artist on second line when casting to smart speakers

Free/PremiumUS Device(iPhone XS, iPad gen Operating SystemiOS 14 When casting to my smart speakers, the interface (whether I open the app or view the lock screen gui), shows song title, album name and artist on the first line and "Listening on ". In ...

• Casual Listener
  • Free/Premium US   Device (iPhone XS, iPad gen 😎 Operating System iOS 14   When casting to my smart speakers, the interface (whether I open the app or view the lock screen gui), sho...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio thumbs up/down gone

I have the premium plan and my radio dislike buttons are gone. There is just a heart to add it to the library. I’m not talking about the daily mix playlist. Just the actual radio stations. I was under the impression that premium customs get to dislik...

• I have the premium plan and my radio dislike buttons are gone. There is just a heart to add it to the library. I’m not talking about the daily mix playlist. Just the actual radio stations. I was unde...
  • Akash_AS
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify iMessage app missing

For at least a week now the Spotify iMessage app is missing. I’ve followed all trouble shooting instructions both before and after today’s iOS 14.4 update and it’s still missing. Please let Spotify know if you see it missing as well so they’ll fix it...

• Regular
  • For at least a week now the Spotify iMessage app is missing. I’ve followed all trouble shooting instructions both before and after today’s iOS 14.4 update and it’s still missing. Please let Spotify k...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 44 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 44 likes