iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • VALKSPOP
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing a song from Playlist

Why is it so hard to remove a song from a playlist?It should be one click, followed by a "are you sure" prompt.I still cannot figure out how to do this.Seems Spotfiy is getting more cryptic and harder to use all the time

• Music Fan
  • Why is it so hard to remove a song from a playlist? It should be one click, followed by a "are you sure" prompt. I still cannot figure out how to do this. Seems Spotfiy is getting more cryptic a...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Finding a song i nmy liked songs...

How the heck do I search for a song that I previously clikced as LIKES or one that is in one of my own playlists?

• Music Fan
  • How the heck do I search for a song that I previously clikced as LIKES or one that is in one of my own playlists?
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Searched Songs and Songs in playlist don't play alone

Plan: FreeUnited States Spotify AppIphone 6s+App version 8.5.25.760 Hello,I've recently started this account and recently the Spotify app on my iPhone wasn't working correctly. When songs that are searched up are clicked, only the related albums or p...

• Visitor
  •  Plan: Free United States   Spotify App Iphone 6s+ App version 8.5.25.760   Hello, I've recently started this account and recently the Spotify app on my iPhone wasn't working c...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Art not appearing in offline mode

Lately I've noticed that when going into offline mode (which I typically tend to do) that most of the album art for my songs in my playlists are not found. It will display the generic, blank album art. Going back online fixes this issue, but I want t...

• Visitor
  • Lately I've noticed that when going into offline mode (which I typically tend to do) that most of the album art for my songs in my playlists are not found. It will display the generic, blank album ar...
  • Jack_Freeland
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • album art
    iOS
    iphone
    Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app on Apple Watch (iOS 13 or watchOS6.0.) does not show elapsed time on the top left corner

DeviceiPhone, Apple WatchOperating SystemiOS 13 and watchOS 6.0.1 My Question or IssueWith the latest update, it seems that the elapsed time (track time) of a song displayed on the top left corner of the Spotify app on Apple Watch dissapers. Now, it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Device iPhone, Apple Watch Operating System iOS 13 and watchOS 6.0.1   My Question or Issue With the latest update, it seems that the elapsed time (track time) of a song displayed on the t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 31 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! 1 year passed, where is offline functionality Apple Watch?

Apparently Spotify has been developing offline functionality for more than a year now, even though some solo dude on Reddit managed to do it by himself 3 years ago. My question: what's the ETA on this "development", and what have you guys been doing ...

437DDAB5-6522-41D7-8FAE-46E2131AF2C5.png
  • Apparently Spotify has been developing offline functionality for more than a year now, even though some solo dude on Reddit managed to do it by himself 3 years ago.   My question: what's the E...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

All songs from artist missing on iPad, works on Android & computer

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceiPad Air 2Operating SystemiOS 12.4.1 My Question or IssueAll songs from artist missing on iPad, works on Android & computer. Reproducible only on iPad. Also, drop the constant UI changes, buttons changing places from bo...

•   Plan Premium Country Finland Device iPad Air 2 Operating System iOS 12.4.1   My Question or Issue All songs from artist missing on iPad, works on Android & computer. Reprod...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does Spotify force you to download a whole album (bonus tracks etc) rather than selected tracks?

Plan: Premium FamilyCountry: UK Device: iPhone 7Operating System: iOS 12 I'm big on listening to albums on Spotify over playlists most of the time, but I'm never really keen on the bonus tracks, live versions and remixes that get tacked onto the end ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Family Country: UK   Device: iPhone 7 Operating System: iOS 12   I'm big on listening to albums on Spotify over playlists most of the time, but I'm never really keen on ...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

AppleTV (TVOS) gets "something went wrong", hangs, restart and login required.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceAppleTV 4th GenOperating SystemtvOS, latest version, all app and OS updates. My Question or IssueI get an error message that flashes "something went wrong" and the Spotify app goes blank and the app will not respond to the ...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device AppleTV 4th Gen Operating System tvOS, latest version, all app and OS updates.   My Question or Issue I get an error message that flashes "something wen...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • tvOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue keeps playing same playlist

I put one of my playlists in my queue the other day and now I can’t get other playlists to play. If I try to play another, it will play one song from that list and then continue to play the first playlist. I’ve tried closing and reopening Spotify, lo...

• Casual Listener
  • I put one of my playlists in my queue the other day and now I can’t get other playlists to play. If I try to play another, it will play one song from that list and then continue to play the first pla...
  • Erinelizabeth88
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Spotify app version lost spotify connect option for speaker

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceIphone 6SOperating SystemiOS 13.1.2 My Question or IssueMy wife and I we have the same iphones (iOS versions) but have different versions of Spotify app.My wife has 8.5.23.644I have 8.5.25.760 (newer) The problem is...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Iphone 6S Operating System iOS 13.1.2   My Question or Issue My wife and I we have the same iphones (iOS versions) but have different versions o...
  • nogravity
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

[iOS] Podcast Queue bug

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XR and 6SOperating SystemiOS 13.1.2 My Question or IssueWhen a podcast is playing on iOS it is impossible to view the queue. The queue button which appears on the song view does not exist on the podcast vie...

•   Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone XR and 6S Operating System iOS 13.1.2   My Question or Issue When a podcast is playing on iOS it is impossible to view the que...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle Acting Weirdly

I have premium and use on my phone. I don't know if this is a bug, but my playlist of over 4,000 songs doesn't seem to play songs randomly with shuffle is on. I started noticing this recently and documented which songs were being played. It's the sam...

• I have premium and use on my phone. I don't know if this is a bug, but my playlist of over 4,000 songs doesn't seem to play songs randomly with shuffle is on. I started noticing this recently and doc...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Won’t Work Offline

Just recently my Premium that I’ve had for a couple years now hasn’t been working offline. It started using my data for songs I have downloaded already. It won’t play any songs unless I’m connected to Wifi or my cellular data. I tried signing out of ...

• Visitor
  • Just recently my Premium that I’ve had for a couple years now hasn’t been working offline. It started using my data for songs I have downloaded already. It won’t play any songs unless I’m connected t...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won’t play through car via Bluetooth since iOS 13 update

Plan PremiumCountry England Device iPhone XS MaxOperating System iOS 13 My Question or Issue My car will show what song is being played however the sound comes through my device and there is no option to switch this.i have tried reinstalling Spotify,...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan  Premium Country England  Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue  My car will show what song is being played however the sound com...
  • ljgort1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t change shuffle setting

PlanFreeCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueThe new update seems to have removed the little button that lets you control the shuffle mode. Has th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue The new update ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts keep going back to the same older podcast after each podcast finishes

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 13.1.2 My Question or IssueI'm currently listening to the SuperMegaCast around ep52, after i finish each podcast it goes back to ep31, then ep5, every single time. I've tried setting them to unpla...

• Visitor
  •       Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13.1.2   My Question or Issue I'm currently listening to the SuperMegaCast around ep52, after i fin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Cover won't show using Bluetooth Connection

I have a 2017 BMW with updated software, I now have no Album cover showing on my car screen using Bluetooth the feature completely disappear after the last update, I already logged out of my account, did a fresh installed and nothing seems to resolve...

• I have a 2017 BMW with updated software, I now have no Album cover showing on my car screen using Bluetooth the feature completely disappear after the last update, I already logged out of my account,...
  • klingenj
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • album
    art
    bluetooth
    cover
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Display on when connected to power

DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemLatest iOS My Question or IssueSince some updates I miss a feature which helps to skip songs and browse the library easily during driving: I connected my phone with my car's Bluetooth and power and the display stayed on....

• Visitor
  • Device iPhone 8 Operating System Latest iOS   My Question or Issue Since some updates I miss a feature which helps to skip songs and browse the library easily during driving: I connected m...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Apple TV] Audio AirPlay after sleep/wake up

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceApple TV 4KOperating SystemtvOS 13 My Question or IssueIf the current audio output route is an AirPlay speaker, then after a sleep/wake up of the device the audio output is on TV speaker although the AirPlay speaker is s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Apple TV 4K Operating System tvOS 13   My Question or Issue If the current audio output route is an AirPlay speaker, then after a sleep/wake up of th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes