Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

[iOS][Playlists] my playlists are having some issues

having some trouble since when i try and shuffle some of my newer playlists, it just plays 3 songs off of it then goes to shuffle other random songs not even in the playlist. this happened even if i deleted it and tried again with a new playlist. som...

• Visitor
  • having some trouble since when i try and shuffle some of my newer playlists, it just plays 3 songs off of it then goes to shuffle other random songs not even in the playlist. this happened even if i ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Re: No Back Button on Android lock Screen? Why????

Not only for repeating songs, but particularly on newer iPhones that don’t have the home button anymore, it’s way easier to accidentally hit buttons (I.e. accidentally skip forward)... and in my case pulling down does nothing, you just see a picture ...

• Not only for repeating songs, but particularly on newer iPhones that don’t have the home button anymore, it’s way easier to accidentally hit buttons (I.e. accidentally skip forward)...   and i...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Apple TV 4k issue

PlanPremiumCountryFrance DeviceApple TV 4K Operating SystemtvOS 14 My Question or Issuesince this day it's impossible to play more than 3 songs. I have reboot my Apple TV, uninstall and reinstall Spotify, but, the issue is still here, whatever the pl...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country France   Device Apple TV 4K   Operating System tvOS 14   My Question or Issue since this day it's impossible to play more than 3 songs.   I have...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution non mi funziona premium

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 14.4.2My Question or IssueHo fatto l'abbonamento premium con la 18app il 27/2/2021 per 6 mesi. Ora non mi funziona più, c'è la pubblicità e mi fa skippare 6 canzoni ogni ora. Ho riprovato ad i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 14.4.2 My Question or Issue Ho fatto l'abbonamento premium con la 18app il 27/2/2021 per 6 mesi. Ora non mi funziona più, c'è...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why there is no History-section in IOS/Android app?? I need this badly!

Spotify had some songs suggested to me to which I found a couple of great song. I listen on repeat one particular song. I thought I saved it. Now I cant find it and I realised there is no History section! how come?? How is it possible? Please spotify...

• Spotify had some songs suggested to me to which I found a couple of great song. I listen on repeat one particular song. I thought I saved it. Now I cant find it and I realised there is no Histor...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Listening on iphone all day, NO history on desktop?

Plan PremiumCountry USADevice iPhone XOperating System iOS 12.3 My Question or IssueHello! I was on a road trip today and heard some great music after my playlist songs had all played. When I got home and look in my Play Queue history, it showed NO s...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.3   My Question or Issue Hello! I was on a road trip today and heard some great music after my playlist...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • history
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! view music History on iOS

Although I have the answer for this, would really love to know the rationale behind not enabling such important and easy feature. I'm persuming smartphone access is the more dominant device, and who wouldn't want to go back to an amazing song they li...

• Although I have the answer for this, would really love to know the rationale behind not enabling such important and easy feature. I'm persuming smartphone access is the more dominant device, and...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Song History.

Is there any way you can view your song history on the iOS appplication? I know you can do that on the desktop version, but I can't find such a feature on the iOS counterpart.

• Is there any way you can view your song history on the iOS appplication? I know you can do that on the desktop version, but I can't find such a feature on the iOS counterpart.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! How do i look at my song history on iOS?

Hi, was listening to music in my car yesterday. I want to look up a few songs i listened too, but cant find the song history on the app. Where do i find this? thanks

• Hi, was listening to music in my car yesterday. I want to look up a few songs i listened too, but cant find the song history on the app.    Where do i find this?   thanks
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Listen to History From Weeks Ago?

About a month ago I listened to a band, and specifically one song from that one band, but I didn't save either the song or the artist. I think I only listened to it on my phone (in the spotify app, to clarify) and there seems to be no history of it t...

• About a month ago I listened to a band, and specifically one song from that one band, but I didn't save either the song or the artist. I think I only listened to it on my phone (in the spotify app, t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • history
    scrobble
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

App crashes playing song previews

When playing certain song previews (the little 30 second thing to be clear) the entire app crashes. It only happens with certain songs (for me I’ve noticed it does it with daywalker, Merry Go-Round of Life covered by the Nuvo Orchestra, etc..). Some ...

• When playing certain song previews (the little 30 second thing to be clear) the entire app crashes. It only happens with certain songs (for me I’ve noticed it does it with daywalker, Merry Go-Round o...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps deleting my playlist name and followers are going down

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesOperating System(iOS 14.4.1) My Question or IssueI have a throwback playlist with more than 770+ followers on Spotify. A few weeks ago, the playlist name and picture disappeared. I thought that the reason was related to t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Operating System (iOS 14.4.1)   My Question or Issue I have a throwback playlist with more than  770+ followers on Spotify. A few weeks ago, the pla...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Play local music files not on Spotify

I’m sure this has been asked a thousand times, but the Community is not easily navigated. I’m brand new to Spotify after trying just about every other music streaming service out there. It seems great except that I can’t listen to Garth Brooks (the b...

• Casual Listener
  • I’m sure this has been asked a thousand times, but the Community is not easily navigated.  I’m brand new to Spotify after trying just about every other music streaming service out there.  I...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes while playing song

I have an iphone x (IOS 14) when i play a song and i turn my phone off the song randomly stops playing and when I go back to play it, Spotify is crashed it restarts itself. It has been doing this forever please help

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iphone x (IOS 14) when i play a song and i turn my phone off the song randomly stops playing and when I go back to play it, Spotify is crashed it restarts itself. It has been doing this for...
  • Novy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login to my account using iPad web player

When I go to Spotify.com on my iPad, there's an option to login, but it takes me here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/. I can't reach my library, etc. Unfortunately the iPad is too old to download the app. Is web player login on an iPad ...

• Regular
  • When I go to Spotify.com on my iPad, there's an option to login, but it takes me here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/.  I can't reach my library, etc. Unfortunately the iPad i...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify using mobile data even when cellular data turned off

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.4 My Question or IssueSince updating the app last week, Spotify has started to use my mobile data to stream songs and podcasts even when they’re downloaded. This occurs when I am not on a w...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.4   My Question or Issue Since updating the app last week, Spotify has started to use my mobile data to stream songs...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 51 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 51 replies
  • 10 likes

Spotify stuck on Premium Advertisement

PlanFreeCountrySouth KoreaDevice(iPad Air, iPhone 11 ProOperating System(iPad iOS 14.4.1, iPhone iOS 14.4.2) My Question or IssueSpotify stopped playing music and only shows offers for Spotify Premium on both my iPhone and iPad. Deleting and reinstal...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country South Korea Device (iPad Air, iPhone 11 Pro Operating System (iPad iOS 14.4.1, iPhone iOS 14.4.2)   My Question or Issue Spotify stopped playing music and onl...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Low volume when casting from spotify app

PlanPremiumCountrynetherlands DeviceIphone 12Operating SystemIOS14.4.2 My Question or IssueI still have this problem of low volume when casting spotify to smartspaker after the following actions:- clean reinstall of the spotify- factory reset of the ...

• Plan Premium Country netherlands   Device Iphone 12 Operating System IOS14.4.2   My Question or Issue I still have this problem of low volume when casting spotify to smartspaker ...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Disable Shuffle by default on new album view

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueI like the new UI update, but hate that the play button for albums defaults to shuffle play, as seen below. I don't want to shuffle albums, pretty much ever. I would also a...

Glitched_0-1582981814078.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue I like the new UI update, but hate that the play button for albums defaults to shuffle play, as ...
  • PrinceBlucher
  • Casual Listener
  • 64 replies
  • 76 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 76 likes

Superuser Contribution JRE video on mobile

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,e...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macb...
  • Novy
  • 12 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 9 likes