Bug Report: Queue malfunctions when trying to move around multiple songs

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 6SE

Operating System

iOS 11

My Question or Issue

When I put multiple songs into the queue and then try to move more than one song from the bottom of the queue to anywhere else in the queue, all of the songs appear to move to the desired location until I try to minimize the queue screen and go back to browsing or looking at the current song's album art. When I leave the queue, the first song I moved is at the desired spot in the queue while the rest of the songs I tried to move went back to their original position.

The only "workaround" is to move one song at a time and then minimize the queue by hitting the down arrow in the top-left corner. This is painfully slow and is hardly considered a workaround. It's pointless to try and move songs around anymore. This just started happening about a week ago (early september 2018).

12 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I tried both of those and it’s still having the same problem. Is it a subscription thing? I recently switched to the student plan from a regular premium subscription.

I just tried both of your suggestions and the same problem is easily replicated again. It didn't work after a restart and it didn't work after a re-install. I'm currently running the latest Spotify version and using iOS Version 11.3.1.

The latest version being 8.4.70 but I kept getting an error that wouldn't let me post if my reply contained that information.

I have the exact same issue.

Spotify Premium / 8.4.70.686

iPhone X / 11.4.1

Hey @brieduk4z_ & @_8mgvc2-tksbo,

Could you try this with another network connection?

@Antoine_13

Please try to update your iOS to 11.4.1 as I checked and you had 11.3.1

If any of you can, please attach a video recording while recreating this issue you're having.

Thanks 🙂

The issue persists when using Spotify on both  connections: 4G and WiFi.

Here is the video of how my problem occurs which is replicated 100% of the time. I just queue up some songs and try to reorder them. When I minimize the queue screen, the first song I moved stays while the other two go back to where they were originally.

Hey @Antoine_13@brieduk4z_ & @_8mgvc2-tksbo,

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Are you having the same issue as this user?

If you do please add your votes and details there.

Thanks 🙂

The issue is still present in the latest version of Spotify app (eight . four . seventy three) on an iPhone X (iOS 12.0). Attached is an example.

Please note that I have both reinstalled the app and restarted my device.

Hi @Loxer,

NO, the issue that you have linked to is a different issue with the queue. 

My issue: it doesn’t save the positions of the re-arranged songs in the queue if multiple songs are re-arranged at once. Attached is the example to my above post.

The issue is still present in Spotify (eight.four.seventyfour) on an iPhone X, iPhone 6 and iPad Air (all running iOS twelve.zero). 

Hey @brieduk4z_,

That post is about the queue issues on iOS not just one type of the issue with the queue.

Please add your details there and update to iOS 12.0.1

Thanks!

Suggested posts