Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t log in to Spotify app iOS

Can’t log in to Spotify app iOS

Playlists got frozen except the shuffle option and I logged out and tried to log in again it’s just loading for a long time and then ends with an error. I tried reinstalling the app as well but still the same

Plan

Premium

Country Australia

Device iPhone 12promax

29 Replies

I'm having the same issue on my Android. It started yesterday with the app freezing and when it uninstalled and reinstalled the app this morning, I can't even sign in.

I can’t login either 

Same.

Initially was unable to play anything, so I logged out. 
Then I was unable to log back in, so I deleted and reinstalled the app.

Still no result, I then tried to reset my password and the login links didn’t work immediately after sending, stating “this link is no longer valid”.

Help please.

I am having the exact same problem. All music and podcasts went grey on the app and I couldn’t select anything except shuffle. I logged out of the app and have been unable to log back in. Web Player works fine, it’s just the IOS App. Every attempt to reset passwords and emails has been unsuccessful. Logging in through Facebook didn’t work and that’s how I initially set up my account, it just says “Something Went Wrong”. Logging in using the “Log In Without Password” option and the emailed link has also resulted in the “This Link Is No Longer Valid” message every time. 

Also having the exact same problem. Anyone found anything ?

The exact same thing is happening for me. I can’t play any songs from playlists that I haven’t downloaded when using my mobile data (I’m with Telstra Australia). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and now I can’t log in at all and am getting the same error message about the expired link. I can log into the desktop site but can’t use the app at all.

Having similar issue where nothing but downloaded songs would play and app stating good evening when in the morning.

tried going into offline mode and deleting cache.. then back out of offline mode.

tried restarting iphone

tried logging out and then back in again but had “something went wrong” message.

reset password via email and was able to login to web browser but not in the app (same message as before)

uninstalled app and reinstalled with no change

using ios 15.1.1 on iphone 12 and account not linked to facebook (email and password account)

no recent changes in the last 24 hours to iphone or software on it.

using telstra 4g.

This first started happening yesterday… this morning I toggled the airplane mode on and off and it connected everything to Spotify for ten minutes, and then the same problem started reoccuring. Now I can’t even log into the app at all. My data is working fine, as I’m writing this message now. I have an iPhone 12 Pro with the latest update installed. My Spotify app is also updated and newly installed. 

Im having the exact same issue also on Telstra too. Everything seems to work fine when I’m connected to wifi     Spent a few hours on chat to Spotify help desk. They are looking into it. Hopefully it’s fixed soon. 

I confirmed that if i connected to a vpn on my mobile that it then worked so seems like a telstra dns issue for the login servers. Hopefully between them (Spoti they will be able to resolve

Yes I’m having the exact same issue. I’m also with Telstra on an iPhone 13 pro 

Hey guys. I called Telstra and they fixed it In 5 mins. It’s something in there end. 

what did you have to do it’s still not working for me?

Hey guys call Telstra tell them the issue and  ask for APN settings update and they will sort it. 

Yes I had the same issue, playlist grey out, log out, uninstall, reisntall, reset password, iOS up to date, premium user. I can log in on Spotify website however not the iOS app. Not sure why

Telstra fixed it for me. I rang them and they did something, I restarted my phone and now Spotify is working again.

How did telstra fix it? I’ve called them and they said they can’t fix it but have had a heap of people calling about this issue

They actually didn’t say what they did but the lady Kym said that the techs were on to it. They asked me if mobile data was enabled for Spotify which is was then said they did something their end. They told me to restart my phone and check Spotify which fixed it no more greyed out songs. Kym called me back within 10 minutes to check how I went. Mention to them it might be an APN issue. 

I chatted with telstra tonight - turned the phone off , waited for 10 seconds, switch it on back, uninstall and reinstall, still no luck logging back in.

I then connect to a non telstra wifi - login with no problem on the Spotify app - all songs can be streamed perfectly.

as soon as I come off from the wifi - back to telstra network. All streaming songs are grey out again.

there is something wrong between Spotify app and telstra mobile network causing the issue.

Suggested posts