Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot switch off crossfade

Cannot switch off crossfade

Dear all, Can someone please help me to disable the crossfade function in spotify? I tried the normal crossfade function in the menu, and put this to zero (No effect). When skipping tracks, the music starts randomly between 1 and 30 seconds of the new track. when the a song is on repeat the tracks starts at the beginning. I tried reinstallation of the app and moved the crossfade timing to 1 sec but the problem remains. Thank you in advance! regards, Alex
10 Replies

Hey @Kalex5, thanks for writing!

Does it happen in all playlists or just in some?

Can you please let me know if it happens when playing this one?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same problem here. Crossfade is enabled on some playlists only (i.e : Beast Mode by Spotify). Never had this problem before today. Had an update installed this morning, version 1.1.2.285.ga97985ef.

@Bittencourt Global Top 50 works properly.

Hey @Sophiss and @Kalex5 

This is not a bug, but a feature 🙂

In some playlists, mostly the ones in the electronic genre, are curated in a way that the song order is designed to have smooth transitions, sometimes with beatmatching like in a DJ set.

This way the beggining of the following song won't be at 0:00 even if you have the crossfade disabled.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Well, it doesn't add anything to Beast Mode in particular. The songs change suddenly in the middle of the lyrics...

Is there any way to override it, though? I don't want any crossfade, regardless of the playlist or genre.

Hi @frankzamboni, thanks for writing.

Yes, there's a workaround for this. Just select all songs in the playlist and copy them to a new, empty playlist and it will work the way you want 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

There has to be a better way yo do it

@Bittencourt wrote:

Hi @frankzamboni, thanks for writing.

Yes, there's a workaround for this. Just select all songs in the playlist and copy them to a new, empty playlist and it will work the way you want 🙂

Hey @Alfamos, thanks for writing.

In my opinion that's a pretty easy workaround, but let me know if you find out a better way to do it.

There's also this idea that suggests an on/off button for the crossfade on those playlists 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

It shows that I have cross fade off but it's overlapping my songs by 10 seconds. 

Hey @AceAaron ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Are you able to turn off the Crossfade feature on a different device and with a different account? Also make sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app on the device you're using as described here. This resolves most of the common issues.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts