Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS

Hello Spotify community, 

Someone please help. So recently (yesterday), I haven’t been able to tap on songs on some playlists like “sleepy hallow radio” “bad bunny radio”, and some more. They’re playlists provided by Spotify not custom. The only way for me to listen to the playlists is by clicking the shuffle button on top. I’ve never had this problem, I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled multiple times and turning my phone on and off but nothing works. Someone please help!!!

21 Replies

Hey @Rafy102001, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you share a screenshot those look on your end?

If possible, could you also try with a different Spotify Premium account on your device to see if the same thing happens?

Keep me posted 🙂

I am having the exact same issue! It just started happening and it’s so frustrating. I have an iPhone 13. Just reinstalled app, hard rebooted phone… nothing is fixing the issue. Help!

Hey @Arnaknagsak,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

Could you tell us if this happens when logging in through a different platform (e.g. web player) and with a different network?

Lastly, send us over the URI of the content you can't access to check this further. 

We'll stay tuned. 

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I’m having the exact same issue! Can’t tap on songs at all in any radios.

Hey @Iidaerika,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

Keep in mind that choosing the song you want to hear using the mobile app, is a Premium feature. If you have a Premium subscription, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

In case you don't have a Premium subscription, you can still select the track you want by playing your music in the Desktop app on a PC or tablet.

However, if the issue is happening on the desktop app, include in your next response the OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating your case. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

same issue here, 

re-installed app multiple times. logged out on all devices via web, cleared cache, etc... Issue persists! 

No problems on the desktop or web player. 

Getting tired of this, in the last year I have had to re-install Spotify +10 times (and re-download all my playlists for offline listening) for **bleep** happening in the app and stuff just stops working. This not playing radio playlist is the latest and getting frustrated. Seriously thinking of dumping Spotify premium! 

I have followed the clear cache instructions, uninstalled, reset the phone. I've done that several time and it doesn't work. To add clarity on the problem:

If I create a radio, I cannot click on any of the songs in the playlist or get them to play next. But, if I click on the three dots to the right of the song, I can add it to the queue. It obviously recognizes the song being there but it won't play it! So frustrating!

iPhone 13, 15.5

Same problem here. Even after trying the so-called fixes mentioned above...

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far. In order to keep investigating this case, would you mind confirming if the issue happens with a single song/podcast or with all of them?

Also, could you share the link that is not redirecting to the song to have a better look?

Lastly, it would be great if you could record a short video where we can see the behavior you're describing. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

I am having the same problem. Radio songs can’t be clicked. and I can’t imagine how to make a useful video showing the issue since on ios it won’t show visual effects for touches.

I actually noticed that some of the songs in the radio play while some others don’t. And if I keep trying to play them and scroll back and try a song that worked previously, it might not work this time, so it is pretty random. I uploaded a video. Please notice that I am only long pressing songs to show a visual cue of which song I’m trying to play, but before I do that I try to touch/click the song normally.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LzvI--r6SP2POwHk_juh6CdCYZ4AEtRh/view?usp=drivesdk

Hey @skollulfr,

Thanks for reaching out about this and for the video you've sent.

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. 

On another note, would you mind letting us know if this happens with all Radio playlists or only with a specific one?

Also, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update either of Spotify of the OS of your device. 

Lastly, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I have the same problem and have recorded a video to demonstrate: https://photos.app.goo.gl/58FBNWetpN6vUtA87

It's not happening with all songs, it's not happening with specifically offline songs or not, and it sometimes works fine so I imagine recreating it will be difficult.

The troubleshooting steps I have tried:

• Restarting the app
  • Reinstalling the app
  • Logging out and back in (I don't have anyone else's premium account to test with)
  • Clearing cache
  • Restarting phone

The tech details are:

• Model: OnePlus 7
  • Spotify version: 8.7.66.534

Hey there @emilyjhall,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We're afraid we couldn't open the video because of security reasons. Would you mind trying again? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

On another note, could you try logging in to your account on a different phone to see if the same happens there?

Lastly, would you mind checking if the issue persists while using a different internet connection?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This issue occurs every time I've conducted a search. Songs from an artist or playlist can't be tapped on to start playing. If the same song exists in my library I can play it by tapping it there. Definitely a glitch, which I've come to expect with Spotify app. Desktop for Windows works fine

Hey @SimpleMusic,

Could you let us know which of the proposed troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?
A link to the video of the issue would also be very useful so that we can take a closer look at what's going on and pass the information to the right folks!
We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂
Thanks!

VasilModerator

I have the exact same problem. Whenever I use the search in Spotify I can’t tap the song to play it. Just like in the video someone posted. It happened all of the sudden today out of the blue. What is the fix???? Horrible bug. Such a basic function. At $20 a month this is totally unacceptable. If not fixed immediately I’m canceling this ridiculously expensive subscription. 

Hey there simplemusic did you figure out a fix for this issue? I have the same issue and it happened today out of the blue. Very frustrating for such am expensive subscription. 

Spotify won’t let me click my songs in my own playlist if I searched them. I deleted app and still got nothing.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4cImdm4ymGvr7EXjrCXEth?si=ezXsGC0eSLKwPtcHUZFjEA 

Suggested posts