Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12 Mini

Operating System

iOS 15.2.1

My Question or Issue

When I connect my iPhone via CarPlay to my car (2021 Subaru Crosstrek Premium), not all of my artists are listed, regardless of whether I follow them. I can see them all on the Spotify app on my phone, but it doesn’t list artists last the letter V on my car display. I have a handful of favorite artists beyond V, and it seems silly to have to pick up my phone when I’m driving to access them. I have tried literally everything to fix the issue (deleted Spotify, reinstalled, disconnected my car from CarPlay, reconnected, factory reset of car display) and nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated!

69 Replies

Hi @nowispix

Thanks for reaching out on the Community.

We see that you found an older thread that matches your issue, but we haven't received any recent reports about this behavior. So we'd like to investigate this further. 

If possible, could you please test if you get the same results using a friend's or a family member's account? 

We also need to know the model of your iPhone and its current OS version, as well as your car model. If you could, feel free to attach a photo of what the screen looks like when you try to check the Albums' list.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Spotify !

I'm using an iPhone 14 Pro with iOS 17.0.3. My vehicle is a Renault Arkana.
I tried again with an iPhone 12 and Spotify connected to another account. I haven't encountered the same problem: I can access the artists after the letter R (see screenshots).

Here is a screenshot from my iPhone 14 Pro: the artists after the letter R do not appear, even though they are in my library:

Here is the same capture from a friend's iPhone 12: the same artist (Yusuf / Cat Stevens) appears in Y:

Here is a screenshot from my iPhone 14 Pro: the artists after the letter R do not appear, even though they are in my library:

Here is the same capture from a friend's iPhone 12: the same artist (Yusuf / Cat Stevens) appears in Y:

IMG_2110.jpg
IMG_2114.jpg
IMG_7848.jpg

Hey again @nowispix,

Thanks a lot for this info and images.

This situation looks strange indeed. And just to be sure that we're getting things right - you've used your own account on your friends device and things there looked as they're supposed to on your vehicle, is that correct ? Also, in order for us to be able to complete our investigations and eventually make a meaningful report, could you also share with us the exact iOS version of your the friend's iPhone and also the versions of the Spotify app on both iPhones. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Kiril Moderator

Hi !

I did my tests with two different iPhone connected to two different Spotify accounts.
Both iPhone are running iOS 17.0.3 and the Spotify version on both iPhone is 8.8.76.704.
Today I did a new test with an iPhone SE 2020 (iOS 17.0.3 and Spotify 8.8.76.704) connected to my Spotify account: same observation, I cannot access the albums beyond the letter R.

Marked as solution

Hey @nowispix,

I've checked backstage with one of Spotify's software engineers and they've confirmed that's this is a communication protocol limitation similar to the one outlined here.

We understand how this can be frustrating, but unfortunately there's nothing we can do to work around this limitation.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

MihailYModerator

Hi !

Thanks for answering ! 

Does it mean the problem comes from CarPlay system ?

Hi @nowispix,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, in a way it is, as the protocol in question relates to how Spotify and the CarPlay system communicate.

If there's anything else we can help with, let us know. Cheers!

JoanModerator

Same issue here. Spotify app on phone lists all artists. Carplay nope. I’ve noticed that when I add artists the list on Carplay gets shorter. Used to see up to T. Now, only up to M. Good luck to all of us.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country US

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)  Apple Carplay

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Ios 17.3

My Question or Issue

on Apple Car play spotify library only shows A-S. T-Z do not show on the carplay sreen. Please advise of any setting changes that will help

Suggested posts