Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain local files refuse to sync

Solved!

Certain local files refuse to sync

I have an offline list made up entirely of local files. Most of the files sync to my iPod with no problem, but about two dozen of these files refuse to sync. Deleting and reinstalling the iOS app and resyncing the list didn't help. I've noticed that it is always the same songs that won't sync. Is there anything I need to do with them to get it to work?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have the same problem. A certain file refuses to sync across (or Spotify on the phone refuses to play it). I have tried a handful of others, which worked fine.

• Mac OS X - 10.7.4
  • Spotify 0.8.3.222.g317ab79d on the Mac
  • Spotify 0.5.1.74.gbdf7fe51 on the iPhone 4S
  • Track is a non-DRM iTunes store file

The sync goes through the motions, and if I watch it when it gets to the problem file, the spinner goes round like it's loading, but the track stays grayed-out. I've made new playlists and I've updated old playlists to try to get the file across. The track plays fine on the Mac, and fine through the iPod app on the iPhone - I downloaded it through iTunes Match to test.

I've checked the Mac file, and it's not corrupt or otherwise showing any damage.

Any suggestions?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

I have the same problem. A certain file refuses to sync across (or Spotify on the phone refuses to play it). I have tried a handful of others, which worked fine.

• Mac OS X - 10.7.4
  • Spotify 0.8.3.222.g317ab79d on the Mac
  • Spotify 0.5.1.74.gbdf7fe51 on the iPhone 4S
  • Track is a non-DRM iTunes store file

The sync goes through the motions, and if I watch it when it gets to the problem file, the spinner goes round like it's loading, but the track stays grayed-out. I've made new playlists and I've updated old playlists to try to get the file across. The track plays fine on the Mac, and fine through the iPod app on the iPhone - I downloaded it through iTunes Match to test.

I've checked the Mac file, and it's not corrupt or otherwise showing any damage.

Any suggestions?

I have this exact same problem as well. Has anyone found out the solution to this problem?

I have the same issue with Certain Disk. They were at the begging DRM songs, but I did the upgrade in Apple. now some sync, some not like the Database is corrupt

First I have the following environment

PC Vista with Spotify 0.8.4.107.g4a0003f

IPAD 2 with latest IOS and Spotify version

The problem songs and cds were former DRM protected songs that I upgraded via itunes to Itunes plus. Now the are available on my server in Pruchased AAC and also in MP3 format.

The songs are visible in under local files in Spotify on the PC and play without any issues.

When sychnronizing with the IPAD some of the do not play but some do?

I have issues with

- Diana Krall - Girl in the other Room

- Grammy Nominess 2008

- Metallica - Nothing else matters (but all Metallica songs sync sync just fine)

- Katie Malie - CD Piece by Piece.

Suggested posts