Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant “turn off airplane mode” notification

Constant “turn off airplane mode” notification

Whenever I open Spotify while in airplane mode, I get a notification that tells me to turn airplane mode off. I can’t disable the notification and it’s a really unnecessary feature, so can you please remove it? 

415DAFCB-8931-49D4-A166-9735394C1E39.png
7 Replies

Hi there @joelwino,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Can you let us know what appears when you tap on Settings? We'd also like to know what happens when you tap on OK - does it disable Airplane mode?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

When I press “ok,” the notification goes away and nothing else happens. When I press “settings,” it takes me to the main page of my settings where there is a toggle airplane mode switch. Note that pressing “ok” only makes the notification go away and the next time I open the app after turning off my phone or being in a different tab, the notification reappears.

Hey @joelwino,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried so we avoid repeating them?

If you haven't already, we recommend trying to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try performing a clean reinstall to see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The issue isn’t with Spotify. It’s a pop up notification from IOS that appears every-time you’re on airplane mode and try to open an app that can connect to the internet. It is a very annoying message that the creator of this post and me need gone. Like thank you apple I know I’m on airplane mode stop telling me! 
would Spotify be able to relate that issue with Apple to assist us? 
the main issue on the Spotify app is that you must turn ON airplane mode to access downloaded content. If you don’t have cell service the app will forever try to connect to a non existent network and your downloaded content won’t load. It’s quite annoying because you could have phone connection without LTE or 3G but the app can’t tell the difference and the loading icon remains forever. 
Much obliged. 

Could Spotify turn off whatever feature tries to constantly connect to the internet? (Especially while specifically in Offline Mode in the settings.) This popup does not appear in every app, in fact it is only this app that I ever encounter this issue with. This cannot solely be an iOS issue that Spotify can do nothing about -- to me it seems the problem is nobody at Spotify who makes design decisions seems to be aware of this. A workaround is possible, but it first must be attempted at all. This app has acted this way for YEARS. I have found it annoying every single time, especially since part of the reason to pay for Spotify is to download your music and play it specifically while offline.

I don’t understand how this has still not been addressed after all this time. I’m still getting these constant notifications when in airplane mode attempting to listen to downloaded content. Extremely frustrating and the messages are constant. There is no troubleshooting option that fixes this when I go to my iPhone settings as queried by Spotify in earlier messages in this post. I also get another message “you are not on the internet”, which is a recent addition! Can Spotify please try to resolve this? It doesn’t occur with any other apps where content is downloaded.

Hey @anaheramoon,

Thank you for joining the conversation.

Would you mind confirming if activating the Offline Mode makes any difference? We'd recommend this step as this mode is specifically designed to play your downloaded content without trying to connect to a network.

If so and the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model, OS version of your device, and the Spotify version you're currently running, along with a screenshot of the error message to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts