Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Control Center on iOS 11

Solved!

Control Center on iOS 11

Hello all,

I updated to iOS 11 last night, and with the control center changes that came along, I can’t seem to use the pause/play button from the control center. 

The button is grayed out as if it’s been disabled. The previous and next buttons work fine. I’ve put a screenshot down, if anyone knows why this is so, if it’s a bug or otherwise. 

Thanks for the help,

1C5F0DFE-FC18-4935-8C06-EFC0C8D3C3D6.png
58 Replies

Hi! I have this exact same problem, not only with Spotify, but with the Podcasts app as well! So I think this is a general bug, not just a Spotify bug. I have to restart my iPhone 7 Plus multiple times every day, especially since the iOS 11.0.1 update. I'm even thinking of downgrading to iOS 10.3.3, because I'm getting tired of having to restart my iPhone every time I want to listen to some music...

Every time I restart also it works for a bit then stops working. I’m also having issues with other app playbacks as well so presuming its iOS 11.

Hi I updated my iphone to iOS 11.0.1 but now I can't use the next-forward buttons on some bluetooth devices, like my bluetooth speaker and helmet intercom... someone else with the same problem? does someone know how to fix this? Thanks!

i think it’s apples issue because i have both spotify & apple music and they both don’t show up when i’m playing music. ios11 has been glitching my new 7+ ever since i got the update. can’t even turn the volume up when listening to music unless my phone is unlocked 🙄

Yep, have the same bugs with any music app. Playback is not visible on lock screen and control center. Volume cannot be adjusted on a locked phone, etc... #sosad #makeiphonegreatagain

I swear I’m going to have anger issues from this whole problem. My car won’t let me change track, and switches to Apple Music. I’ve turned it off in the settings, I’ve restarted my phone. Just doesn’t allow me to change track on Spotify anymore. 

Any options to try before I go ape **bleep** at Apple? Haha.

I just had this problem, but for the time being I have fixed it. All you have to do is go to your settings, search Apple Music, and the very first option will be show Apple Music just click it off and it’s seemed to work for me. 

77F2BFEF-EABC-45D5-8D03-F5DE1875E1E6.png

What do you mean? How do you turn off Apple Music? In which app?

For who doesn't use apple music, as I don't, uninstall the Apple Music and restart your iPhone - mine is the 7 plus. It worked fine for me.

CC602CB6-FE91-41A9-A2B5-88DA0616EDF9.png

This was a bug in iOS 11. It works fine in iOS 11.1 beta2. No more problems with control center or freezing.

Now only the spotify needs to fix the battery drain.. 20% in 12min. The phone is really hot. If not using spotify I have really good battery life.

Mine does the exact same! So annoying did you find out how to fix it by any chance? 

iOS 11.1 beta 2 fixed it for me. Have you tried iOS 11.0.3 ? But there is still huge battery draining issues in Spotify.

Yeah I’ve tried it it works but only for 1 day and then turns to **bleep** again I need Spotify to fix this 😩

IS There any solution if I want to use Spotify only from control center. The app is usually turned off and all I want to do is to start listening music immediately without unlocking the phone and the need to wait for the app to open going to the last song etc. when I pause the music and do something on the phone and want to start playing again I have to reopen the app and it is such annoying issue I consider switching to imusic since it’s native and whatever I have been doing before I just hit play and imusic starts playing shuffle songs or last played but it starts playing. I guess this works fine on android but I am done with android for decades! I would rather sing by myself then going through the hassle of using android again..

Only way I found kinda works is to delete the app then and turn your phone on and off and then re install it but only works for a day then plays up again

Go to settings > music > scroll down to your apple id > click it > sing out (this will not sign you out completely) > restart your phone > seems to work.

For me unfortunately it’s still not working. I hope they will fix it in the 11.1.

This Bug is caused by Spotify!

It was solved by Apple with iOS 11.0.3 and i had no issues for days until i updated my Spotify-App yesterday and the bug returend.

It seems to be, that a lot of users are affected through this bug and there is still no solution?!

I've had instances where I've been listening to my music via spotify on my iPhone7 (iOS11) and when I'll pull up the control center to change the song, all the music controls are grayed out. I can still invoke the Spotify app to change the song from within it (all controls fully functional), but when I return to the Control Center the music app controls remain grayed out. 

Restarting the phone makes the problem go away, but the issue sporadically returns.

This is super annoying if it occurs when I'm driving as I can't really mess around with a phone while behind the wheel. Spotify, come on, I really want to keep paying you for your product. Please don't give me reasons to think otherwise!

Suggested posts