Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Controlling volume over spotify connect

Controlling volume over spotify connect

Hi, 

I noramlly connect my Ipad to my hometheater system and control it via my iphone or Macbook pro, I thought the volume control wasnt available so I looked and found that it exsists. Anyhow, I went ahead ant tried it, and from what ive tried, it seems I can only control the volume of other devices from my Ipad only, meaning If I tried to change the Ipad volume from my iphone or macbook, I wont be able to. Is there a way to be able to control spotify's volume on my ipad through iphone or macbook pro? 

32 Replies

One more user missing this feature on an otherwise good product. This could push me to one of the competitors, if they support this. 

Yes its anoying why i cant change my ipad volume over spotfy connect 

Same here. Tried it on every device I have (Samsung Galaxy S6, iPad, MacBook Air) and none of them work.

Yes, same problem here. Been thinking about canceling my account and moving back to concentrating on my record collection and this is the last bit. Bye Stupidify, you clearly don't care enough of your customers to pay attention to a simple yet a big and very common problem such as this.

Hello,

I understand that the volume is controlled from the in app silder in the spotify app while using spotify connect and from the macbook pro volume controls while playing sound from the macbook pro.

My question is:

Do you have any intentions to fix this by being able to control the music sound volume of the spotify connect with the mackbook pro's volume control?

Also it would be nice that the spotify connect sound mutes while receiving a phone call

Regard

I am also suffering from this problem. Not only is there no volume slider visible on the iPad app itself (iOS11), I am also unable to use a connected iPhone to control the volume either. WTH?

NOTE: there is a volume slider visible on the connected iPhone....IT JUST DOESN'T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING.

How can a company like Spotify get such baisc functionality wrong?

currently on a free account cause my mate convinced to change from itunes match. no resolve so i am out. THIS IS A BASIC FUNCTION **bleep**ING FIX IT. you tube red for me now

And another one adding to this request. Please fix this!

Anything yet ?

I am studying computer engineer. If you give me source codes, I could work on that and finish until you notice this xd

I have the same issue while working on my Macbook Pro (2015 - OSX 10.11.6) in my kitchen with wireless speakers connected to my sender in the living room playing from my iphone SE volume control is greyed out. Sometimes you just need to quickly push on the volume to match your workflow;) So pretty please make it possible or say why its not working. Then I can at least think about changing one link in this bad chain. 

Almost 3 years this problem has been identified and still no solution given... That's a feature you have with YouTube or Plex for example. That's a shame that an application for music like Spotify can not manage the sound which is kind of the main thing to manage for them... Even worth is the way there are not giving any information anywhere about this problem.

Shame on you Spotify ! 

Can someone make this work please? I have a spare iphone that stays pernamently docked in my speaker system. How hard could it be to change the fact that I can control the volume on my mac with the phone but not the phone with the mac? Jesus christ guys! 

Same problem here ! Is sound control really a very complicate feature to fix for Spotify? I don't understand the zero reactivity

Suggested posts