Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Could not sync playlists fix

Solved!

Could not sync playlists fix

Hi 

My playlists won't sync to my iphone. 

It usually work very well but nothing is helping. Re logging in etc?!!!

Help!

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I'm going to move your post over to the iOS section as its more of an iPhone query than a Mac one.

Have you tried logging out and back in again? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Weird; I had about 20 tracks on my starred-playlist that just didn't sync on my iPhone. On the desktop the arrow, that indicates that the playlist is marked as available was offline, was grey. I found three local files which for some reason were not playable. Deleting those files from the playlist solved the reamins of the problem, and both my iPhone and desktop seem to be fully synced and functional. 

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I'm going to move your post over to the iOS section as its more of an iPhone query than a Mac one.

Have you tried logging out and back in again? 

Peter

Peter

Hi - 

It suddenly started to work again.

thanks

I recently cleaned up my current active playlist on my Macbook, as I've done many times before, and added some new albums as well. Unfortunately these changes are not updated to my iPhone. I've tried logging out (on the computer and the phone), restarting (both), unchecking and re-checking the playlists I want to sync, but no matter what I do, my iPhone playlist says 1410 tracks whereas my Macbook has 1274 tracks. That's a few hundred unwanted songs taking up precious space from my iPhone.  Of course I can delete the songs manually from my phone, but first of all, it's a hassle, and it kind of ruins the idea of synced playlists.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. 

There seems to be a problem with large playlists not synching correctly. Try this on your desktop........create a new empty playlist then copy around 100 tracks at a time into it until they're all added to the new list. See if this new list synchs correctly.

Thanks for your swift reply! 

-I created a new playlist. As both my laptop and my phone are connected to the internet, the list appeared on my phone in matter of seconds. 

-I added one song to the playlist on my laptop. 5 minutes later the song hasn't appeared on the playlist. Both the laptop and the phone are connected to internet. Restarting the app on the iPhone had no effect - the playlist remains empty. 

In other words, I'm still hoping to find a solution. 

That is weird, I am guessing if you add a track into the playlist from your iPhone, it doesn't show in the desktop?

Peter

Peter

How right you are, sir.

Testing; added another track to the same playlist on my iPhone. Added a another playlist on my iPhone as well. 

Result: The new playlist appeared on my laptop after restarting Spotify. No tracks. 

Let me see if I can get someone to look into this a little closer for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

Same problems here with playlists not syncing to iphone, if you remove songs in playlists on desktop app. 

When(what year??) are Spotify going to release the very final, fully functional, fully working app?
Im SO sick and tired of having god knows how many different issues time after time... year after year!  

@aandesh86 wrote:

Same problems here with playlists not syncing to iphone, if you remove songs in playlists on desktop app. 

When(what year??) are Spotify going to release the very final, fully functional, fully working app?
Im SO sick and tired of having god knows how many different issues time after time... year after year!  

Would you be able to post a link to the playlist here and also post how many tracks there "should" be in it? 

Will help to narrow down where the issue is!

Peter

Peter

>Would you be able to post a link to the playlist here and also post how many tracks there "should" be in it? 

>Will help to narrow down where the issue is!

Here's my "large playlist" of music I'm listening to most of the time; http://open.spotify.com/user/kilobitti/playlist/1KSQq5djIDpXLpkSPzDH2C

I'm constantly updating it, and It includes 1173 tracks at the moment. On my mobile phone it's stuck at 1403 tracks, which was correct a few weeks ago. 

As I told you earlier, I conducted a few tests with a new playlist. I added a track to it from my laptop (Make my day) and another one from my phone (Katson autiota hiekkarantaa). It now shows one track on both devices; on my laptop it's "Make my day" by Waldeck, on my iPhone it's "Katson autiota hiekkarantaa". When sharing the playlist from the laptop, it seems to choose the content from the mobile app. It's available here-> http://open.spotify.com/user/kilobitti/playlist/24b7IL5slj2ryUiYjJsgen

Just had a look, the playlist currently shows as 1427 tracks for me, so it looks like it is out for sync for some reason. 

Can you try a quick clean reinstallation of the desktop client and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Peter

This playlist: Dubstep 2013 [UPDATED May 2013] had 776 tracks but i wanted to cut it down to 200.  Neither my desire s, my one x or my 4S will sync properly. 

I then deleted tracks manually on the ios app (gaaah) down to 350 tracks.  Now the desire, one x and iphone says its 350 tracks in this playlist, when its actually 200.  

>Can you try a quick clean reinstallation of the desktop client and see if that makes any difference? 

So this was where we were; 

>Here's my "large playlist" of music I'm listening to most of the time;

>http://open.spotify.com/user/kilobitti/playlist/1KSQq5djIDpXLpkSPzDH2C . I'm constantly updating it, and It includes 1173 tracks at the

>moment. On my mobile phone it's stuck at 1403 tracks, which was correct a few weeks ago. 

I did a clean reinstallation. Now my desktop client is up at 1427 tracks, and my iPhone is still att 1403 tracks. Next up is reinstalling the iOS client, right? 

That is probably a safe bet! 😉 

Peter

Peter

Well this seemed to solve the exact issue. Now I have the same amount of tracks on the playlist on both devices. Updating the playlist on both devices also updates the playlist on the other device. 

But now there's another problem; now my mobile app doesn't upload every track. Both my starred-list and main playlist (both of which I have available offline) are not fully synced. The mobile app playlist says 1147 of 1184 tracks synced, and the desktop says "pending" for the playlist eventhough the device shows up as connected. I haven't find any explanation for which tracks are synced. For instance, the playlist includes over a 100 local files. 

Strange, how much free storage space is there on the device? 

Peter

Peter

According to Spotify desktop there's 3,9 gb free, yet the playlist sync just stops.  

Any progress òn this stupid problem????

Suggested posts