Free

Country

United States 

Device

iPhone Xr

Operating System

iOS 12.4

My Question or Issue

This is the second time this has happened. My daily mixes have had the same songs for about 3 weeks. The first time the daily mixes locked it took 2 weeks for them to update. I've logged out of my account I've tried restarting my phone I've deleted Spotify and nothing is working. Is there any way I can fix this problem? Thanks.

Edit: I’ve also noticed that songs that I have blocked on Spotify are unhidden within the hour.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Daily mixes are not updating

Maykaz07
Regular
There is a clear cache button under storage in the settings. Clearing the cache made my daily mixes update the next day
7 Replies

Rising Star 19 Emilia_8
Rising Star 19

Hi, I had the same problem recently. All 6 of my Daily Mixes were not updating on my main page on my phone. When I searched for Made For You section, they were updated there, but I couldn't open them. 

Here's a link to the thread we were talking about it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Daily-Mixes-Don-t-Refresh-Change-or-Update/idc-p/475...

Currently it's fixed for me, but it took really long time until they did anything. 

I used this contact form that time Spotify fixed it for me: https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Previously I contacted them through Twitter and Facebook, but all they did there was told me to wait. 

Emilia_8Rising Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Maykaz07
Regular

@Emilia_8 wrote:

Hi, I had the same problem recently. All 6 of my Daily Mixes were not updating on my main page on my phone. When I searched for Made For You section, they were updated there, but I couldn't open them. 

Here's a link to the thread we were talking about it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Daily-Mixes-Don-t-Refresh-Change-or-Update/idc-p/475...

Currently it's fixed for me, but it took really long time until they did anything. 

I used this contact form that time Spotify fixed it for me: https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Previously I contacted them through Twitter and Facebook, but all they did there was told me to wait. 

Thanks I’ll follow the thread you linked

Maykaz07
Regular

So talking to Spotify support and having my account refreshed did nothing. If you are having the same problem as me I’d just recommend getting a new Spotify account and transferring all of your liked songs there. Unless you have a lot of songs liked, then it’s good luck to you.

Rising Star 19 Emilia_8
Rising Star 19

I created new account before it was fixed for me, but the new account wasn't working either. 

And when you create a new account, you lose all your listening data, meaning e.g. you will not get an accurate wrapped playlist. It will take into consideration only the songs you listened to on the new account. 

Emilia_8Rising Star 19

Maykaz07
Regular

@Emilia_8 wrote:

I created new account before it was fixed for me, but the new account wasn't working either. 

And when you create a new account, you lose all your listening data, meaning e.g. you will not get an accurate wrapped playlist. It will take into consideration only the songs you listened to on the new account. 

I only had about 100 songs liked on my account (in a last ditch effort to update my playlists I unliked about 300) so I just took screenshots of all of them and liked them on my new account. I’m only going to permanently use this account if the previous one doesn’t update. 

Rising Star 19 Emilia_8
Rising Star 19

I was not talking about liked songs and library. 

But I'm happy it worked for you. 

Emilia_8Rising Star 19
Solution!

Maykaz07
Regular
There is a clear cache button under storage in the settings. Clearing the cache made my daily mixes update the next day
SUGGESTED POSTS