Country

Philippines

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to play with my settings.

I want to use Spotify as such: use Wi-Fi at home with the highest quality possible without lag interrupting my streaming.

So I have Automatic set on WiFi streaming, with Optimize listening (Auto adjust quality) turned on.

However, when I'm outside using Mobile Data, I want it to play at the lowest possible setting, to save as much data as possible...

So under the Cellular streaming, I set it to Low, and I turned off Download Using Cellular.

All good up to here.

Then I saw Data Saver, and I did some research that it only affects you when you're using Mobile Data...

So I turned it on. And then all the settings under Audio Quality are gone (even the settings under WiFi streaming.

Also, the canvas was disabled EVEN IF I'm on a WiFi connection.

So the question is: Does Data Saver make your quality play 24 kbit/s even if you're using WiFi? Because it did disable the canvas, which is one of its descriptions available in the app.

Follow me

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jeffrey014

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Keep in mind that Data Saver reduces all data traffic, regardless of the connection. 

Would you mind letting us know where you were able to find this info about it only affecting mobile data? We can pass it on to the right folks so the info gets updated. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Jeffrey014

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Keep in mind that Data Saver reduces all data traffic, regardless of the connection. 

Would you mind letting us know where you were able to find this info about it only affecting mobile data? We can pass it on to the right folks so the info gets updated. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator

Hi @Jeffrey014

Thank you for getting back to us with the info. 

This is outdated as it's an old post. However, we can confirm that this behavior is currently expected.

We appreciate you taking the time to flag this with us, and will make sure to pass your comments on to the right folks. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us.

Cheers.

NovyModerator

Suggested posts