Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Devices Menu Disappears After A Few Seconds

Devices Menu Disappears After A Few Seconds

Plan Premiuum

Country USA

Device iPad Pro

Operating System iPadOS 15.1

My Question or Issue When I tap on the icon for the devices menu, the menu pops up for a couple seconds and then disappears. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but the problem persists. I have been dealing with this bug for months. Any ideas?

11 Replies

Hi there @wintermute2_0,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Can you try logging out > restarting your device > restarting your router by unplugging it for a few minutes > logging back in?

If this doesn't make any difference, could you check with a different Internet connection, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot, to see if this behavior persists? This would help us narrow down what the cause of the issue might be.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Sorry for my delayed response. I tried all of these suggestions, but the devices menu still vanishes immediately after I tap it. this problem only exists on my iPad; my iPhone and PC have no issues. Any ideas? 

Hi @wintermute2_0,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

We understand you already reinstalled the app, could you do it one more time following these specific steps? They will ensure your phone is free of damaged cache or old files. 

If the issue persists after that, would you mind sharing with us a short video recording showing what happens on your iPad? This way we can take a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I followed your instructions and reinstalled the app. Unfortunately, the behavior persists. Attached is a short video. When the device icon is tapped, the device menu appears and then disappears immediately. If I ask someone to immediately "grab" the menu, then it stays visible. I can't grab the menu that quickly because I have a physical disability. 

I hope this helps. Thanks for looking into this. 

Hi @wintermute2_0,

Thank you for your swift reply and sharing that video!

We want to start narrowing down the issue as much as possible, so there are some things we can try here. To start, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here,

If the issue persists with another account, please go to your iPad's settings and make sure that Background app refresh is toggled on and that Spotify is excluded from any battery optimization apps.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

I created a new account, but the same behavior persists. Background refresh is on and I am not using any battery optimization apps.

Any other ideas? 

Hey @wintermute2_0,

Thanks for the reply.

Now we know it's not an account related issue.

It might sound silly, but could you check what happens if you turn the tablet in vertical view? 

You can also check if connecting to another network, like mobile data or a mobile hotspot from your phone has any effect at all. 

We need to go through multiple troubleshooting steps to figure out what might be causing this behaviour, since we haven't received reports from other users about this recently.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

Hello,

When I connected my iPad to my phone's hotspot, the same behavior persists. 

When I put my iPad in landscape orientation, I can sometimes get the devices menu to stay on the screen if I double tap the devices icon. But then the devices menu remains stuck on the screen and I have to close the app to get rid of it.

This is a strange bug.

Hi @wintermute2_0,

Thanks for the reply.

I admit that this issue is unusual. There is one more thing we can try. Go to Settings section > Accessibility and then selecting “Display & Text Size” and try changing the default text size. This has an effect on menus and icons as well.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

AlexModerator

I have this exact same problem. No apparent fix. Did you guys get to the bottom of this?

I found the fix. I am also disabled, and have Voice control enabled. As soon as I disabled that feature, I got the full Device connection menu back.

Suggested posts