Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover content varries

Discover content varries

Hey,

Do you also experience a significant difference between the Discover content between the iOS app and your Windows desktop app?

The music Spotify proposes on my desktop is great, on the iOS device it just sucks...

Any ideas how to fix that?

Johannes
8 Replies

Just having a look, mine are pretty different too - although I think they used to be the same.

Do you listen often on your iOS device? Wondering is Discover now being localised to what you listen to on each device?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I use both pretty much the same. I don't expect them to be the same, but at least the music choice should be similar. 🙂

@johannes1702 The Spotify Discover is based on tons and tons of data points.. It should change constantly.. I remember seeing a ppt presentation about it in the past about how they customize the songs they recommend to consumers about.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I have seen this with search on android vs windows also. Things that appear on windows do not appear on android. 😞

There is definitely a difference between the Discover content in my iOS device compared to the desktop app, but it's not significant and I personally like that it is always different. As far as I know, there is no way to sync Discover content up between devices.

On a side note: Here's something about Spotify algorithms:

http://www.slideshare.net/MrChrisJohnson/algorithmic-music-recommendations-at-spotify

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Discover removed in iOS version 1.3.0

@JonHynes wrote:
Discover removed in iOS version 1.3.0

I can't confirm this, as my only iOS device is an iPad which doesn't have Discover, but I have read that in 1.3.0 Discover has been moved to be part of Browse. It hasn't actually been removed.

Suggested posts