Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify using excessive mobile data in online mode even if only playing synced songs?

Hejsan! My iPhone 4S, still with iOS 6.[the last update], seems to be using excessive amounts of data when I play synced songs but not in "offline mode". It actually seems like the app is streaming the synced songs just because the app is not in offl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hejsan!   My iPhone 4S, still with iOS 6.[the last update], seems to be using excessive amounts of data when I play synced songs but not in "offline mode". It actually seems like the app is ...
  • ombf
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! cannot make playlists available offline

the last several days cannot sync to my ipod touch. iOS 7.1. 13 gigs space available. tried all solutions i could find here. When I choose a playlist and slide the button to ''available offline" I get an orange exclamation point next to each song. I ...

• Roadie
  • the last several days cannot sync to my ipod touch. iOS 7.1. 13 gigs space available. tried all solutions i could find here. When I choose a playlist and slide the button to ''available offline" I ge...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login using 3G after having bought Premium

Hi! Yesterday I bought a Premium account, but I'm not able to login using 3G. If I use a Wi-Fi connection it functions correctly. These are my main problems: When I try to login with facebook, I get this error message: "error: com.facebook.sdk, 5" Wh...

• Hi!   Yesterday I bought a Premium account, but I'm not able to login using 3G. If I use a Wi-Fi connection it functions correctly.   These are my main problems:   When I...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bluetooth functionality in Spotify App update missing?

I used to use bt in-app to stream music to jambox but, in the update, the icon to do this seems to have dissapeared. Am I missing something? Running latest iOS on iPhone4. Thanks in advance.

• Casual Listener
  • I used to use bt in-app to stream music to jambox but, in the update, the icon to do this seems to have dissapeared.  Am I missing something?  Running latest iOS on iPhone4.  Thanks in...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5 not showing in devices

I've looked at all of the solutions and none of them have helped so far. I have tried toggling online/offline, I have tried turning off my firewall, i have tried hardwiring it to the p.c., I have tried restarting both the phone and my computer but no...

• I've looked at all of the solutions and none of them have helped so far. I have tried toggling online/offline, I have tried turning off my firewall, i have tried hardwiring it to the p.c., I have tri...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! does free version play playlists?

I noticed in my last upgrade in Spotify app (iOS) that my free version could play my playlist which was cool. It would insert other songs too but that's fine, most of what it played was from my playlist. Couple of days back, there has been another up...

• I noticed in my last upgrade in Spotify app (iOS) that my free version could play my playlist which was cool. It would insert other songs too but that's fine, most of what it played was from my playl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is very slow and unresponsive

I use a 5G Ipod touch and and most of the time the app respondes veeeery slow, sometimes not at all. In example when clicking another song. It sucks because when I walk around town i often change songs and it has become a chore. Anyone else having th...

• Regular
  • I use a 5G Ipod touch and and most of the time the app respondes veeeery slow, sometimes not at all. In example when clicking another song. It sucks because when I walk around town i often change son...
  • theducktheory
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

After the update, I cannot add songs to playlists while Spotify is offline

Following the app update, I am unable to add songs to playlists whilst offline. Please could someone help? I initially add all my "new" music to my "Starred" playlist (which is available offline). As I listen to that Starred playlist, I sort music th...

• Regular
  • Following the app update, I am unable to add songs to playlists whilst offline.  Please could someone help?   I initially add all my "new" music to my "Starred" playlist (which is avail...
  • Scriven_j
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

New version 1.0.0.3251 on IPhone 3 a disaster

I updated from the previous white background Spotify on my IPhone to the new black background one. It is now virtually unusable slow, with the album artwork only appearing when the present track has been playing for 30 seconds or more. User commands ...

• Regular
  • I updated from the previous white background Spotify on my IPhone to the new black background one. It is now virtually unusable slow, with the album artwork only appearing when the present track has...
  • jfbear
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Since update (April 22nd 2014), Songs will not sync in offline Mode (iPhone 4)

I have an iPhone 4, and I have been using Spotify as a substitution to prevent downloading music, so I can save space on my phone for other things. I have been a premium member, and really enjoyed the fact that I can create playlists to listen on the...

• I have an iPhone 4, and I have been using Spotify as a substitution to prevent downloading music, so I can save space on my phone for other things. I have been a premium member, and really enjoyed th...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify 1.1.0 on iPad mini

Hi all i want ask you , after last update i can see on my ipad mini on playlist play shuffle. i have that option on my iphone but i don't know why not on my ipad can you please help me. Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all    i want ask you ,   after last update i can see on my ipad mini on playlist play shuffle. i have that option on my iphone but i don't know why not on my ipad 😞 &n...
  • mimikk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify ios and vw iphone connection problems

HiI have a vw passat with media-in iphone connection. It will not let me controll the spotify app. Any suggestions?Petter

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have a vw passat with media-in iphone connection. It will not let me controll the spotify app. Any suggestions? Petter
  • drjakata
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes whenever I click "Your Music" after the latest upgrade

Description After the upgrade (with the fancy new look), it crashes every time I click on "Your Music". Because of this, I can't go to my music, simple as that. Radio, Browse etc. works fine, just not my music. A more detailed description, using numb...

• Description   After the upgrade (with the fancy new look), it crashes every time I click on "Your Music". Because of this, I can't go to my music, simple as that. Radio, Browse etc. works fi...
  • ljames
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Your Music" - Lost all of my music overnight??

Yesterday everything was fine. Wake up today and went to my "Your Music" and all but one Artist, Album and a handful of songs are listed. Everything else is GONE. Still shows my "Starred" playlist with 2,264 track, but everything else is gone. Went o...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday everything was fine.  Wake up today and went to my "Your Music" and all but one Artist, Album and a handful of songs are listed.  Everything else is GONE.  Still shows m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashes on iPod Touch

I love this music service, and enjoy it at the office and the gym. However, the latest update is giving me problems. I am using an iPod Touch, and just recently the app updated itself. I thought nothing of it. But lately the application has been cras...

• Regular
  • I love this music service, and enjoy it at the office and the gym.   However, the latest update is giving me problems.  I am using an iPod Touch, and just recently the app updated itsel...
  • rwynne
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Freeze when changing tracks

I just updated to the new spotify version released for iOs and when I try to skip a song, the app freezes. It skips to the next song with a ~4 second delay and the album cover also skips with the same delay. This is very annoying... I have an iphone ...

• I just updated to the new spotify version released for iOs and when I try to skip a song, the app freezes. It skips to the next song with a ~4 second delay and the album cover also skips with the sam...
  • windsorl
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble syncing local files after switched to my iphone 5

My iphone 4 broke down so I got a Iphone5s yesterday. When I downloaded spotify none of my old local files would sync to the new Iphone5s, but new local files that were added would sync. How do I get my old local files to sync? I have tried adding an...

• Casual Listener
  • My iphone 4 broke down so I got a Iphone5s yesterday. When I downloaded spotify none of my old local files would sync to the new Iphone5s, but new local files that were added would sync. How do I get...
  • AmirKhaleghi
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Title of album in playlist is gone? How to enable?

Spotify used to show the album title in the playlist in the iPhone app. In the new iPad app the album title seems to have disappeared from the playlist. Am I missing an option to enable this, or is it really gone? It's a huge problem for me because S...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify used to show the album title in the playlist in the iPhone app. In the new iPad app the album title seems to have disappeared from the playlist. Am I missing an option to enable this, or is i...
  • Morgal
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Order playlist and music

I can't seem to change the order of songs in my playlist and also how do i cahnge the order of the playlist? This seriuosly is driving me crazy...

• I can't seem to change the order of songs in my playlist and also how do i cahnge the order of the playlist? This seriuosly is driving me crazy...
  • SpyrosM
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes