Premium

Country

Spain

Device

iPhone 8 plus / Macbook Pro 15"

Operating System

iOS 12, MacOS

My Question or Issue

Dislike button missing in a lot of playlists in Spotify. Is this a bug? A feature?

This problem is making me crazy, before (like last year) I could like/dislike any song from the majority of playlists Spotify offered me (radios, daily mixes, etc) now it is impossible to dislike...So how is Spotify going to know if I like a song or not?

Only My Release Radar and Discover Weekly keep for now the like/dislike button...

I think this is an important functionality to have in the app. We as users want to configure the platform as we want, so that the offered music as good as possible. If now Spotify is going to begin to have fixed playlists (radio, daily mixes, etc), instead of letting the user change them liking/disliking songs...don't know if I can stay paying...even when I have all my music library in Spotify, and will be difficult to go to other platforms...

Please, please! Return the dislike button to your playlists!

117 Replies

I used to have a dislike button as well (about a year ago), but recently I’ve noticed that their is no dislike button. There is however a “Do Not Play” it’s found by clicking the three dot bar by a song, album, or artist. Or, it’s also available on the right side next to the forward skip screen. Hope this helps.

F1252CAA-077A-4398-A4CB-CE58FAEB4378.png
A505627A-B512-4226-B382-C9F344ECE86B.png

My daily mixes tend to have some songs that are simply unlike the rest so usually end up disliking a fair few, shame that it’s gone

• @ivanrc1983 wrote:

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

iPhone 8 plus / Macbook Pro 15"

Operating System

iOS 12, MacOS

My Question or Issue

Dislike button missing in a lot of playlists in Spotify. Is this a bug? A feature?

This problem is making me crazy, before (like last year) I could like/dislike any song from the majority of playlists Spotify offered me (radios, daily mixes, etc) now it is impossible to dislike...So how is Spotify going to know if I like a song or not?

Only My Release Radar and Discover Weekly keep for now the like/dislike button...

I think this is an important functionality to have in the app. We as users want to configure the platform as we want, so that the offered music as good as possible. If now Spotify is going to begin to have fixed playlists (radio, daily mixes, etc), instead of letting the user change them liking/disliking songs...don't know if I can stay paying...even when I have all my music library in Spotify, and will be difficult to go to other platforms...

Please, please! Return the dislike button to your playlists!

My daily mixes tend to have some songs that are simply unlike the rest so usually end up disliking a fair few, shame that it’s gone

I just downloaded the app yesterday, and neither the app (Android) nor the web player have any sort of dislike button anywhere that I can find.  There's a like button ... but not dislike!!  And being fresh to the platform, holy **bleep** is it way off on what I want to hear.  

Really hard to train it without an option to tell it to stop playing this **bleep** and never let my ears suffer it again.  The only option I can get to a a report explicit content link, and that's not right.  If I can't find a fix for this, it could be my first and last month on Spotify.

Even Google Play Music has this really simple concept right.  GOOGLE!!  I need to find something to replace GPM, since their YouTube Music app that will be replacing it is even worse ... but at this rate, it isn't going to be Spotify.

I also have this problem . I used this Button to  add a song on "liked from radio" playlist quite easily , now I have to go through a long way of options , and another really long list  o playlists !!!! This is really frustrating. Please add this gain . The "love " button functionality is very different . It adds the song on library That has a few thousand songs in there with very different genres 

Screenshot_20190418-163909.png

Whoever had the bright ideea to take out that button missed the point of the radio.

Because of the lack of that button, it feels that the radio feature has been overwhelmed by songs I distained.

Are you **bleep**ing serious? How can you have the idiotic idea to remove the dislike button? How the **bleep** am I going to tell the learning algorithm of Spotify when I hate a song so that the algorithm learns from my taste, without a ban button? What the heck are you guys doing? Whoeever had the idea to remove the dislike button needs to be FIRED. Do you want to go the way of Last FM which once was the greatest music service on Earth until they started doing idiotic things like removing the ban button and stuff. And now they are, you guessed it, DEAD 

Spotify, stop ignoring these 'dislike' button suggestions. 
It is clear we want this feature available on all media within Spotify. 

I'm sick of seeing these suggestions getting closed either to a 'similar' suggestion (which is NOT the same), or referred to a suggestion that was made years ago. 

It's simple.

If we hear something we don't like, we don't want to hear it again. 

Doesn't this help your algorithm anyway? 

Keep your customers happy, or else we'll just jump ship. 

Duane 

I can't believe it.

Even if after searching around in the entire user interface I do happen to find that one desolate ban button somewhere, it  blᴏᴏdy doesn't work:

Clipboard Image (4).png

We users need to be able to tell your AI when it proposes AWFUL music to us that we never want to hear or see in any playlist, suggestion or radio anymore!

GIVE US THAT BAN BUTTON ON EVERY STUFFING SONG, DAMMIT

@duanebonney wrote:

It's simple.

If we hear something we don't like, we don't want to hear it again. 

Keep your customers happy, or else we'll just jump ship. 

AMEN

this is one of those features that is necessary.... there is a reason i pay for the premium subscription and if i have to listen to stuff i don't want to listen to, what is the point in paying for premium?

bring this back!!!!

there are songs and artists that i would rather not listen to, specially in my daily mix.

Also, no 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱𝘆 way to let you guys know that a certain playlist in the suggestions on the home screen is AWFUL ?!!

Not to mention that there is, of course, again no way to dislike single songs from that awful playlist when checking them out.

Some extremely lame Product Manager at Spotify really needs to get their 𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖙 together 

The dislike button disappeared for a while but has returned for me in Discover Weekly, which is the place I use it the most.

With iPhone app, tapping on the playing song at the bottom of the screen brings up the full view, and the dislike button 🚫 is there on the lower right side. 

On iPad, we have to tap on the photo on the left of song playing to bring up the full screen view. Then dislike button is visible. 

iPad DW 1.jpg
iPad DW 2.jpg

Just here to let Spotify know that I'm going to Google Play Music until they get the radio training function back. I've noticed music I don't like creeping into my radios. I'm annoyed because I prefer Spotify to Play Music, but I flat out refuse to pay to listen to music I don't like.

I completely agree with all the sentiments posted. This was the main reason that I even bought premium.. I definitely will be going to a competitor if this feature is not returned.

?? The feature has been returned, see my above reply where to find it on iOS.

What about Win 10?

There's no block or dislike button.

Same for Android.

Same. No dislike on Windows 10 or Android. Bring it back, or canceling subscription.

You are posting this in the iOS forum, these are replies about iPad/iPhone apps.

you need to go and post in Windows or Android forums.

You are posting this in the iOS forum, these are replies to an original question about iPad/iPhone apps.
You need to go and post in Windows or Android forums if you want to get attention about those things.

Suggested posts