Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Do not play artist/song

Do not play artist/song

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 6s

Operating System: iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I thought I had seen a "do not play" for songs or artists not so long ago and now I can't find it. Is it gone? Can we bring it back? 

14 Replies

Re: Do not play artist/song

Composer

Hi @amulaire,

You can do this by going to the artist that you don't want to listen to and tapping ... at the top right. Then select "Don't play this artist."

Also, when listening to playlists such as Discover Weekly or Release Radar, you can tap the circle with the slash at the bottom right to select either "I don't like this song" or "I don't like this artist." This will cause songs like that or artists like that to not be played in that particular playlist, respectively. 

Casual Listener

Nope its gone, bring it back Spotify!  It sucks listening/having to skip artists and/or songs you dont like! 🙁☹️

Casual Listener
not anymore

Regular

At the moment when I am writing this message, this feature is present in the android app but not in the desktop app (Mac OS).

On the other hand, I doubt very much of its effectiveness. Artists which I have flagged with "not play this" keep on popping up in my daily mixes. Just a personal thought.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 3.14.11 PM.jpg

Hi @bergensk,

Thanks for your post.

Currently you can only dislike Artists on the mobile app. Bear in mind that this option is not available for Desktop. Whenever you try playing a song from an artists that you've blocked on Mobile you should receive a message that this track won't be playable until you unmark the artist from the Mobile app.

If you think other users might also like to have the option to hide Artists/Songs across platforms, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Regular

hi @alex and thank you for your quick answer,

Anyway, let me disagree with you. Either you are wrong, or the labels in the android app are completely messed up. Just look at the attached screenshots from my phone.

Kind regards,

Roberto

android.png
android2.png

Casual Listener
Hi, yes the feature is back, but you are so right! it doesn't really work.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

If the artist is featured in a collaborative song, you might see the song. In this case in order not to see songs from that specific artist, you can click on "Don't play this" for the other artist as well. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to pass it on to the right team. As @Alex suggested you can give these steps a go an submit your idea. That way other users can support it.

In case you've already turned on the option to not play a specific Artist and you still see their songs, we'd suggest you restart your phone and log out and log back in again. That way any changes can be synced up.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have more questions, we are here for you.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

Regular

Hi @Ver, thanks for popping up.

Sorry to insist, but that's not exactly true. I have marked artists since a while ago already, restarted phone, etc. and those artists keep on appearing on my mixes. Not just in the mobile android app, but also in the desktop app (in my case lately, the one for Mac OSX). I bet that also in the web player, but this I would need to double check.

In the exact case I am thinking of, this artist does not have any "split"/"collaborative" songs with other bands.

I will just file an issue as you guys say, because this is a clear defect in your platform (not client specific).

Kind regards

SUGGESTED POSTS