Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does iPad version require Premium?

Does iPad version require Premium?

Hi there,

I would like to know if it is enough with Spotify Unlimited to listen online to the spotify library, or I do need Spotify premium, as with other mobile devices?

Thanks!

43 Replies

Hey Castorp, welcome to the Community.

The iPad is considered a mobile device so will require a Premium subscription for streaming/syncing songs from Spotify. You can still play your own local files with a Free/Unlimited account of course.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I have a premium account, but the iPad app insists that I don't.  I keep getting the message "Streaming is only available to premium subscribers".  Please could you look into this?

Hey heratface, welcome to the Community.

Your account is still on Premium, don't worry. Are you definitely signing in with the right details? I'd try reinstalling the iPad app to get things working again if you haven't already too.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

couldnt delete the message 😄 Found the answer I was lokking for

Hi Arthur,

Welcome to the Community. As the iPad is a tablet, not a computer, it is considered a mobile device. Although use of Spotify on a mobile device is one advantage of Premium, there are a number of other benefits. Just have a look here: http://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/premium/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem.  Uninstalled the app and then lauched again. Still the same problem. I login with my facebook account. Is it related?

Paquito - I can see you've changed to a Premium subscription for the moment, so you should access your Spotify on your iPad. Just log in with your Facebook details.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

does the premium account on the ipad work just like on a PC, allowing me to stream unlimited music without adverts direct from the internet, without the need to mess about with local files?

I don't have any local files, that's why I use Spotify.

Thank you

oscar_nysushi

Oscar_nysushi - Yes, it has similar functionality to the PC app. You'll be able to listen to all the music you desire. Online and offline.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hii...I am having the same problem. I am a premium member but on my iPad it says I'm on the free trial. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Still the same thing. What do I need to do to show I am a premium member

@KJW107 wrote:
Hii...I am having the same problem. I am a premium member but on my iPad it says I'm on the free trial. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Still the same thing. What do I need to do to show I am a premium member

Are you still having this issue? Let us know and we'll look into this for you.

Spotify is totally dead on my iPad 3. Nothing will play. Works fine on my iPhone. I'm a premium subscriber...this started yesterday. What gives?

Hi Mitchgo - Can you please confirm which app version is installed on your iPad 3?

Yes I am still having the issue. Tried reinstalling it again and still says I'm on a trial

@KJW107 wrote:
Yes I am still having the issue. Tried reinstalling it again and still says I'm on a trial

What does the message say exactly? We think this might just be a cosmetic issue only.

@KJW107 wrote:

How annoying. Why cant things just work hey?

Anyways, Richard is a good person - he will get you sorted 🙂

He also beat me to the reply 😉

Right now it says I have 15 days left of my free trial at the top of the screen of the app

In that case it sounds a bit like the issue we've seen here and elsewhere.

If it's an issue, just get in touch via our contact form and we'll be happy to help.

Why can't we run the spotify app on unlimited?

Suggested posts