Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Iphone stops playing when display switches off

This seems new - it did not do this until yesterday. I tried to fix it - no success Who knows what to do please? Thanks, Uli

• Casual Listener
  • This seems new - it did not do this until yesterday.   I tried to fix it - no success   Who knows what to do please?   Thanks, Uli
  • kyoban
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone 6

Hi,
I had spotify on my iPhone 5. When I changed to the iPhone 6 I reinstalled everything from my iTunes but now I can't access spotify
I have the app on my home screen but when I click on it it just times out.
I have tried deleting the app and reinsta...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,<br>I had spotify on my iPhone 5. When I changed to the iPhone 6 I reinstalled everything from my iTunes but now I can't access spotify<br>I have the app on my home screen but when I c...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Features for Audiobook

Hi, how can i bookmark the last point i was listening to? Thx & regards

• Hi,   how can i bookmark the last point i was listening to?   Thx & regards
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to recover music and photos on iPhone 5S

Hi, My music cache and photos were gone when I updated my iPhone 5S to iOS 8.1. It's almost a flash install and I lost everything on the iPhone. But i am more cared about the photos and music library both in my iPhone and Spotify. Any luck to got bac...

• Hi,   My music cache and photos were gone when I updated my iPhone 5S to iOS 8.1.  It's almost a flash install and I lost everything on the iPhone. But i am more cared about the photos ...
  • katieppt
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest version (1.8.0.2444) unusably slow on iPod Touch (IOS 6.1.6)

What has happened?! I was starting to get used to Spotify being a bit more reliable (although rarely as fast as I would like) but the latest update has made it almost completely unusable. I have been a Premium account holder for years, and may have r...

• Casual Listener
  • What has happened?! I was starting to get used to Spotify being a bit more reliable (although rarely as fast as I would like) but the latest update has made it almost completely unusable.   ...
  • gavindytham
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! New songs doesn't appear on iPhone

I added som new songs on my playlists on my computer, but they doesn't appear on my playlists on my phone.. Any solutions? I tried to reinstall the app, but i didn't work.Norwegian=bad english, but i hope you understand

• Casual Listener
  • I added som new songs on my playlists on my computer, but they doesn't appear on my playlists on my phone.. Any solutions? I tried to reinstall the app, but i didn't work. Norwegian=bad english, but...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! multiple devices

I have spotify subscribed and downloaded on my iphone and Mac, but i have an ipad that i want to have some music, not all auto downloaded because there is not enough space. Can someone please answer if i can choose what music to download so my ipad i...

• I have spotify subscribed and downloaded on my iphone and Mac, but i have an ipad that i want to have some music, not all auto downloaded because there is not enough space. Can someone please answer ...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • dustin.miller.1@vcsu.edu
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify Premium is not activating

I Upgraded to Spotify Premium on my desktop and my iPhone app is not showing this change yet.

• Casual Listener
  • I Upgraded to Spotify Premium on my desktop and my iPhone app is not showing this change yet. 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod Nano 7th gen SYNC to spotify?

Hello.I was thinking of buying an iPod Nano because my iPhone battery is just simply to bad to play music.The question is, am i able to (for free) get songs from my spotify (im using premium) to my iPod nano?Don't really want to spend 1400 SEK (aroun...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I was thinking of buying an iPod Nano because my iPhone battery is just simply to bad to play music. The question is, am i able to (for free) get songs from my spotify (im using premium)...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Newest Spotify iPhone App Slow and Unresponsive

I'm using the latest version of Spotify on my iPhone 5. This version is slower and unresponsive compared to earlier versions. When I click on a playlist or attempt to save a song to a playlist the app frequently takes a few seconds to respond. Someti...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using the latest version of Spotify on my iPhone 5. This version is slower and unresponsive compared to earlier versions. When I click on a playlist or attempt to save a song to a playlist the ap...
  • going_postal
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Music stops when my Iphone 6 (iOS 8.0.2) locks or using another app/task

Hello, I have a Premium account, every time my iphone locks or I use another app on my Iphone 6 (iOS 8.0.2) the radio stops. If i hit play while the screen is locked the app chrashes. Can you help me please with this please? Oh, I have version 1.8.0....

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a Premium account, every time my iphone locks or I use another app on my Iphone 6 (iOS 8.0.2) the radio stops. If i hit play while the screen is locked the app chrashes. Can you help me...
  • Robnguyen03
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs on iOS 8.1 say they are downloaded to the device, and available offline, but will not play.

Songs on iOS 8.1 say they are downloaded to the device, and available offline, but will not play. This is onl for the songs that I added to spotify on my computer that are not in the Spotify library. Previously, when I would sync these to my phone fr...

• Casual Listener
  • Songs on iOS 8.1 say they are downloaded to the device, and available offline, but will not play. This is onl for the songs that I added to spotify on my computer that are not in the Spotify library....
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Camera lock-screen bug iOS 8

I believe I have discovered a bug with using camera on my iPhone 5s (iOS 8.0.2 and 8.1) and Spotify (1.8.1.8). I like to listen to my ofline-starred playlist on Spotify during solo walks/hikes and take photos while I'm out. When I attempt open the ca...

• I believe I have discovered a bug with using camera on my iPhone 5s (iOS 8.0.2 and 8.1) and Spotify (1.8.1.8).   I like to listen to my ofline-starred playlist on Spotify during so...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unsupported file format

Since installing iTunes to use on my new ipod touch (first ipod ive owned); Spotify has gone wierd! Lots of tracks have a small musical note by them and refuse to play, lising "unsupported File Format" as the error. If i right click on the track and ...

• Since installing iTunes to use on my new ipod touch (first ipod ive owned); Spotify has gone wierd! Lots of tracks have a small musical note by them and refuse to play, lising "unsupported File Forma...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline syncing/downloading only works for single songs and not entire playlist folders

Hi, i have a problem with Spotify for iPhone 6. I`m trying to sync all of my music to offline mode but it doesn`t work. I have organized all of my music in different playlist folders and when i try to sync one of these folders by tapping the "edit" b...

• Roadie
  • Hi, i have a problem with Spotify for iPhone 6. I`m trying to sync all of my music to offline mode but it doesn`t work. I have organized all of my music in different playlist folders and when i try t...
  • radiuz
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Payd but no premium

hii have make a premium mebership in the apple app store (6 months)and in my spotify app im still a free useri have reinstalled the app and try to logout / login but i m still a free usercan you help me ?

• Casual Listener
  • hi i have make a premium mebership in the apple app store (6 months) and in my spotify app im still a free user i have reinstalled the app and try to logout / login but i m still a free user ...
  • CruderFive1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone 6 plus
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App says waiting..

Hi,for the last couple of days I couldn't get the app to open,it says waiting.I have tried to do a hard reboot and it did not work and I can't reinstall the app because the "x" doesn't appear on top of the app.I am able to download other apps,I have ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,for the last couple of days I couldn't get the app to open,it says waiting.I have tried to do a hard reboot and it did not work and I can't reinstall the app because the "x" doesn't appear on top ...
  • Spotifyuser666
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't sync local files to iPhone 5S

Description Spotify will not sync local files to the phone. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. The computer (Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1) and the iPhone are on the same WLAN. It's marked as "trusted" in Windows. 2. The iPhone is liste...

• Casual Listener
  •  Description Spotify will not sync local files to the phone.   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. The computer (Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1) and the iPhone are on th...
  • pmcmva
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Starred tracks are missing

Hi, I had hundreds of songs starred in my starred playlist until recently, but suddenly the playlist is almost empty with only 1 song in it...I've seen that a few other people have had the same issue and it was resolved for them, but I'm not sure how...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I had hundreds of songs starred in my starred playlist until recently, but suddenly the playlist is almost empty with only 1 song in it...I've seen that a few other people have had the...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes