Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download is not working

Solved!

Download is not working

Premium Family Plan/United States

IPhone Xsmax (12.4) Spotify version 8.15.18.851

For the last several months new songs are not downloading to phones library. It will mark them as downloaded, but they do show in my songs list. Tried app reset, phone reset, and uninstall/reinstall options with no affect. Also emptied device list and still nothing.

If you have some thoughts/ideas and ideally a fix it would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Downloading songs just makes them available for offline listening but they will stay where they're unless you put them in a playlist or like them where the song would then show up in Liked Songs.

Learn more about downloading music and podcasts in Spotify here.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Downloading songs just makes them available for offline listening but they will stay where they're unless you put them in a playlist or like them where the song would then show up in Liked Songs.

Learn more about downloading music and podcasts in Spotify here.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thanks, just figured it out. Still seems like twice the work than just ticking something for download and it being available to you in a downloaded "playlist". But either way, it works. I just liked and downloaded what I needed.

Hey @Adam1985,

Glad you figured it out 🙂

If you would like, you can submit your idea about this aspect of downloading in Spotify in the Idea Submissions board.

Thanks!

Suggested posts