Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded music will not play offline

Downloaded music will not play offline

Whats the point of Downloading music if it cannot be played offline?  

I downloaded tons of music to listen on a flight and while i was out of cell range.  

I was extremely frustrated to find out that nothing was playable with out a good internet connection despite having all the files local to my device. 

This is absurd and upsetting.   

3 Replies

Hi @pgrimmer,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

We're sorry to hear your downloads weren't there when you needed them. There are some things we can try here to fix this up. 

To start, let us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app. Downloads are stored in the form of cache, this reinstall is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, please check that there are no cache clearing apps running for Spotify. Keep in mind that even if you didn't install such apps, some devices have them preinstalled.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey guys,

I have a similar problem in the fact that every time I play downloaded music without using data or having a wifi connection my app crashes less than a minute into the first song I try and play. It is not fun and would like to know how to maybe try and fix it.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi there @joshcosta352,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We suggest you follow the troubleshooting steps I shared in my previous post, as you may have an issue with the cache as well.

If these steps don't work, let us know the make, model, operating system and app version you're running. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts