Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading A Single Song

Solved!

Downloading A Single Song

So I feel like a MASSIVE idoit for not knowing this, but I just got Spotify Premium and I was wondering; how does one download a single song?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is currently no way to download a single song in the iOS app.

You can only download a whole playlist or the "songs section" for offline use by switching the "available offline" switch to on. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

32 Replies
Marked as solution

There is currently no way to download a single song in the iOS app.

You can only download a whole playlist or the "songs section" for offline use by switching the "available offline" switch to on. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks. I kind of figured out a way to do it. If you save a song to Your Music you can download it there.

But how did you do it? I added the song to my musics but there is no options for me to download a specific song. By the way, I'm using Android.

I really think this is a big flaw in the app. Does anyone at Spotify reads this foruns?

Well, actually you can.

Just add the song(s) you want to sync (remember that Spotify doesn't "download" music or physical mp3 files, it's just synced information) to a playlist, then you just turn on the 'Available Offline' switch for that playlist, which can consist of 1 or 2135 songs.

🙂

There's no way to download a single song even in Premium. So the best way is to create your own playlist, then click "..." beside any song you want and add it to the playlist you created, then download your playlist. That simple.

Fair enough, its IOS.

How do you do that in Android?

same way.

create a playlist, add the song(s) to that playlist, then turn on the 'Download' swich at the top of the playlist (steps here).

😄

I did that but I had other songs saved and it download all of them instead of the single song I wanted to download. 😞 

@Béu wrote:

I did that but I had other songs saved and it download all of them instead of the single song I wanted to download. 😞 

The only way to download a single song is to create a playlist --> add the song to the playlist and download it

I know...it sounds weird. In Apple Music you can.

Stuuupid. What kind of idiots design this software?

This is such a poorly designed way.  What is going on with Spotify???  There should be a toggle for each track in addition to entire albums/playlists.

If you create your own playlist -idk if you can I'm new to Spotify, so have no idea and I'm just assuming the actions available on Spotify are the same as pinterest- but I'm guessing that you can have 1 track on a playlist when you start the playlist- then download every playlist with one song on rather than all from one playlists at once...
But idk if thats even possible so.... please corridor me if I'm wrong!!😋

i have the solution, hold the song and tap "go to album", then you can download the song alone there. 

There's another trick which i use. View the album that the song is on. Download the album then delete everything you don't want. It's alittle annoying but youre done in less than 30 secs and u only get the song you want

You could make a new playlist with just that song and then select the "Available Offline" for that playlist

This has kind of been discussed already, but I just have a playlist that is called ‘Offline Music’ which is set to download. If I want a single song, I just send it to that list and it downloads. That way, you don’t have to have a bunch of music you don’t want from other parts of a playlist. 

I'm positive the people who designed it this way were on hard drugs at the time. "Oh, you like this track present in a 36 track album? Tough luck, better create a playlist and add the song to it." This is horrendously bad for a 'premium' service.

And to think that your reply is from 2014... They know this has been an issue for a long time now. 

Vi jagar cash i trakten

26107842_3085717001535446_239741641_o.jpg
26107842_3085717001535446_239741641_o.jpg

@mike_vengeance wrote:

same way.

create a playlist, add the song(s) to that playlist, then turn on the 'Download' swich at the top of the playlist (steps here).

😄

No, in android you can download individual songs / albums without a playlist.

Suggested posts