Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloads category missing from My Library

Downloads category missing from My Library

I'm regularly underground or on planes with no data, so the Downloads category gets a lot of use. Today I went into the app while on the subway and found the category missing. Is there a way to get it back? Did Spotify remove it? Why? It's one of the main reasons I pay for Premium!

72DAB554-8D76-493A-AF27-155EF5BA05B3.png
5 Replies

Hey @SvenJ,

I'd recommend taking a look at this support article: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than-my....

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Maxim does that mean you still see the category? I understand what cohort testing is. I have no idea if I am in a bad test that removed a feature I like temporarily or if the feature was removed completely. So you didn't really answer the question.

Spotify: if you're reading this, the link @Maxim directed me to says to give feedback on the community. I don't like that you removed the downloads category. I use it regularly to listen to my downloaded music. Regardless of whether it is a test or a community-wide change, please bring it back.

You can filter your playlist by following the steps at https://support.spotify.com/article/sorting-and-filtering/.

Also, I'll make sure to pass your comments to the right team.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is really poor UX, and it's still ambiguous if I'm in a test or if this was a global change.

Check out Google Play Music (attached) you tap the hamburger menu and there is an option to filter EVERYTHING that's downloaded. Playlists, albums, individual songs, etc.

Having to go into things individually to filter makes no sense. I just want to be able to choose from all the music I can play on my device. Once I'm in a playlist or album I already know what's downloaded by what will succeed in playing / has the downloaded icon, so filtering on that level isn't really necessary. It's the high level. They should either bring back the downloads category or add a filter to the upper right corner which is conspicuously absent of common elements like a cog, hamburger, filter, or other menu element to help manage music. 

IMG_1543.jpg

I totally agree with you, SvenJ. I used the Downloads feature daily. Im often in places that my connection wont work (airplanes, subway, etc) and the Downloads feature is exactly what I need. Going individually doesn't make much sense.

Good to know that Google Play has it. Thanks for the tip, SvenJ!

Maybe that's the right app for me, not Spotify.

Suggested posts