Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloads tab has disappeared

Solved!

Downloads tab has disappeared

I predominantly listen to Spotify on my iPad, more often than not without internet connection. I have therefore downloaded a fair amount of music onto this device. All of my downloaded music was, up until now, very easy to find under the Downloads tab, found under the Your Music tab, along with Playlists, Songs, Albums and so on. The Downloads tab has subsequently disappeared and there is no easy way now to access my music offline. The same has happened on my windows phone. Please can you indicate when the tab will reappear.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Its just changed around, the downloads button has gone but to look at your downloaded albums/songs go to 'your music' then 'albums' then in the top right corner you will see a drop down menu, there just choose 'downloads'. Solved, at least on an iPad .  

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Still happening. I have to go through 'recently played' or 'albums'. Spotify can be such a pain sometimes.

It’s also happening to me, and it’s quite more difficult to access my downloads now. 

I have ave tried to reinstall the app, and to login again, but the downloads tab is still missing.

Any updates on this? The downloads tab is still missing!

Marked as solution

Its just changed around, the downloads button has gone but to look at your downloaded albums/songs go to 'your music' then 'albums' then in the top right corner you will see a drop down menu, there just choose 'downloads'. Solved, at least on an iPad .  

Hi,

I understand the walkaround but it was easier to have all the downloads in one place, instead of having to look for them on different tabs (playlists, albums..). Also, to have to use filters on and off all the time doesn't make it easier to use.

Cheers,

Did they change this change already? There is no drop down.

Never mind, I found it. They load the page partially scrolled down for some unexplanable reason and you have to scroll back up to the top to see it.

I completely agree. The walkaround is cumbersome and the filters still put old albums in...even when filtered by "most recent". Please please put that download tab back. It was by far the tab I used most frequently. 

Totally agree!

mine is still gone.

This was not a good move, Spotify.  What good did you accomplish by removing the downloads tab?  That was just too convenient I guess.

Another vote for "PUT IT BACK PLEASE".  Wish I hadn't updated the app.

This might be the thing to make me delete this app. Not only did it stop me from crashing my car but it was a good place to keep things that you want to listen to later. So frustrating that it is gone. Looking for a Spotify replacement as a result of this issue. 

I also would appreciate the download tab back. Having to go to a drop down menu to filter Albums doesn’t solve the playlist issue. This better be fixed on the next app update or Spotify is completely useless to me. 

Bring back the download menu. Bad move. 

This “solution” is very cumbersome and does not show you all your downloads quickly and easily like the downloads tab did. Apple Music has one and it is invaluable for a workout or commute where there is no suitable connectivity. Will it return and if so, when?

Please bring back the main downloads tab. Don’t see the point in hiding it in albums, requiring the user to scroll up to make drop down visible. I even searched there for it before reading this thread and did not see option. Not user friendly. 

So annoying I had to look this up as I had no idea where all my downloads were.

This is an odd move, just makes things so much more difficult.

The downloads page was much better to find things you had recently downloaded to listen to when not on wifi - why change it? Come on Spotify - bring it back please!

I have two phones. One one, the download tab is still there under Library. On the other one and after updating Spotify, it's gone. Seriously, who came up with this idea? Oh wait, I know.. developers are making so much money they can afford to stream using their dataplan and don't have to bother with downloads. How's iTunes doing? Perhaps I should go and find out...

Suggested posts