Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Enough. Good bye

Enough. Good bye

After 4+ years of perseverance, I am finally done, finished, frustrated, exhausted with Spotify and their garbage app and 'Premium' service:

First and foremost, my objective in paying for Premium is to have my music offline (in the office, car and while traveling). However :

1. Problems accessing downloaded albums for offline listening without Internet access. Spotify is constantly trying to connect to any random internet network, so I am just seeing the three pulsing white dots whenever I try to open any album, and then (eventually) the "Hmm, something seems to have gone wrong, please try again" (and again, and again, and....).

Yes, I KNOW that I have no Internet access! I am away from home (Internet access) and therefore I toggled it off! I don't need your error message to tell me!! That is the ENTIRE reason that you am paying you for Premium service!!! (for ****s sake!!!!) Why can your garbage amateur app simply not accept that I am not connected to internet or mobile data, or trying to, and so just display the music that is already downloaded to my ****ing device?!?! This is not a problem with playlists, it is only a problem with albums. I can see my list of saved albums, the little green circle with down-arrow symbol is showing (downloaded to device) but when I select that album I just see blank screen or the three pulsing dots (and it stays that way for whole minutes til I just give up).

2. Constantly deleting downloads. Last week I travelled from France to Italy. Lost 400+ tracks (undownloaded). Barely a single fully complete album or playlist. In my 4+ years of premium, this has been the major recurring bug (on both IOS and Android during my entire 4+ years of being one of your poor suffering 'Premium' customers.

3. Totally amateur support. Support in this 'Help' forum is by volunteers plugging for points or maybe a tee-shirt. I was contacted by Spotify and asked if I wanted to be a helper. Duh....why?!?! - am I trained, expert, etc ? No! Spotify need to EMPLOY some EXPERT help, not their cheapskate policy of (mostly) clueless volunteers. The only 'help' that these Johnny-No-Stars can offer is "please delete and reinstall the app (at your own expense of time and Internet allowance cos you will also have to redownload all offline music)". Guess what? - I have done this several times and it fixes ****-ALL!

4. Spotify need to invest some money in professional app developers and FIX the constant recurring bugs and issues. Every update brings new bugs and also (always) the reappearance of previously 'fixed' bugs. All of which speaks to amateur and incompetent app development. So finally, after struggling on with this garbage service for 4+ years (but hey, I have my 4 year premium badge so....well....whoopee doo, huh ?), my patience and good will is entirely exhausted. Spotify management need to spend some money on professional developers and support and fix the core issues, instead of rushing to add new services (e.g. Podcasts). So, finally, reluctantly : good bye and good riddance to the amateur muppets running Spotify.

1 Reply

Suggested posts