Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 408

Error 408

Hi,

I've moved from the uk to New Zealand and can't log into spotify, I just get the error message 408. (I only have an ipad at the moment, no computer, if that makes much difference).

When I look on my profile I see:

"Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access.

Payment method
You do not currently have a payment provider connected to your account."

I've changed my locatiron to New Zealand in my profile and I've tried to add a payment method to link my account to a NZ bank account but when I click "get free" it redirects me to download spotify in the AppStore, only "get premium" directs to webpage where I can enter my card details, but obviously I'd be paying for premium when I just want to use free.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
5 Replies

Hi. Can you change your country to UK from this page?

Once you have swapped your country over, its sometimes worth doing a quick clean reinstallation of the app to see if that makes any difference?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I reinstalled spotify and restarted my ipad and that didn't work.

But when I rechecked my profile I had changed my country but not my postcode, once I swapped it from a UK postcode to a NZ postcode it worked fine. Silly me!

Ah awesome! Glad you got it sorted! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've changed both my country setting and my postcode, and I've reinstalled Spotify. I'm still getting error code 408. Any ideas, anyone?

Suggested posts