Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Premium Not Working

I recently bought premium with my iphone and the order went through got an email etc. problem is my account still says free and I cannot access any premium things i've tried logging out and in as well as reinstalling the app I don't know what to do

• Casual Listener
  • I recently bought premium with my iphone and the order went through got an email etc. problem is my account still says free and I cannot access any premium things i've tried logging out and in as wel...
  • Dogoa1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Songs in My Music

So, last night I accidentally deleted the app from my phone. No big deal, I figured it meant I'd have to redownload everything to my phone, which is a hassle, but whatever, I can manage. However, when I looked at my music after getting the app again,...

• So, last night I accidentally deleted the app from my phone. No big deal, I figured it meant I'd have to redownload everything to my phone, which is a hassle, but whatever, I can manage. However, whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can see 'Devices available' on ipad but not on iphone

Hi - I have spotify running on both my iphone and my ipad, i am attempting to stream things on my chromecast. However, whilst on the ipad I get a 'devices available' option, on the iphone I do not. As an illustration, taking the following set of inst...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi - I have spotify running on both my iphone and my ipad, i am attempting to stream things on my chromecast. However, whilst on the ipad I get a 'devices available' option, on the iphone I do not. A...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with the Browse section

Hello. Excuse me for the mistakes I'm french. Here is my problem, since this morning I do not have access to the Browse section in Spotify on ios. he said: "An error has occurred. Retry". I delete and reinstall Spotify. But the problem remains. I hav...

• Hello. Excuse me for the mistakes I'm french. Here is my problem, since this morning I do not have access to the Browse section in Spotify on ios. he said: "An error has occurred. Retry". I delete an...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! I cannot turn shuffle off my spotify Phone app

I am a premium spotify user and I still cannot turn shuffle off of my iPhone app!!!!!grrrr.

• I am a premium spotify user and I still cannot turn shuffle off of my iPhone app!!!!!grrrr.
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New release notifications not showing up

Hi there! My issue seems simple enough to describe, I'm not getting any notifications when a new album is released. Let's take Armin van Buuren as an example, since he's releasing lots of albums - every week, in essence - due to his "A State of Tranc...

•   Hi there!   My issue seems simple enough to describe, I'm not getting any notifications when a new album is released. Let's take Armin van Buuren as an example, since he's releasing lo...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists/stations

Hi i am new to spotify and am new to the spotify comunityI use the spotify app on my iphone using voiceover because i am totally blindI have to questions about the app 1 can you add artists to a playlist or is it just songsThe second question is can ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi i am new to spotify and am new to the spotify comunity I use the spotify app on my iphone using voiceover because i am totally blind I have to questions about the app 1 can you add artists to a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disactivate Spotify

How to I delete my spotify so it will stop charging me monthly?

• How to I delete my spotify so it will stop charging me monthly?
  • GiPeSa
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound while streaming to AppleTV from iPad

Hi all, since I updated to 4.6.0 streaming from iPad Mini to the AppleTV (OS 7.2) is not working correctly - no sound but the stream is being transmitted because the box is showing the cover of the singles. Streaming from iPhone to the box with versi...

• Visitor
  • Hi all,   since I updated to 4.6.0 streaming from iPad Mini to the AppleTV (OS 7.2) is not working correctly - no sound but the stream is being transmitted because the box is showing the cover...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help Pleeease ... Runkeeper and Spotify

Runkeeper will not allow me to log into Spotify despite using the right username and password???I am following all the correct steps using the right logins but it is just not happening? Am I doing something wrong? PLEASE HELP Thank you so much in adv...

• Casual Listener
  • Runkeeper will not allow me to log into Spotify despite using the right username and password??? I am following all the correct steps using the right logins but it is just not happening?  Am I...
  • nielstamara
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify to Facebook??

I've tried to connect Spotify to Facebook but it doesn't work!!!! How to do? Om någon svensk finns här skulle jag bli asglad om du kunde hjälpa mig

• I've tried to connect Spotify to Facebook but it doesn't work!!!! How to do?    Om någon svensk finns här skulle jag bli asglad om du kunde hjälpa mig😩
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HACKER

Im trying to play my music but some computer logs on to the same account with a wierd name in all caps like the one on my acct was called LAWNMEAL i have know idea what or why they did this but they would play random songs and skip what i wanted to l...

• Casual Listener
  • Im trying to play my music but some computer logs on to the same account with a wierd name in all caps like the one on my acct was called LAWNMEAL i have know idea what or why they did this but they ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto-lock setting on iPhone

Since 4 days ago, everytime my iPhone goes black, the music stops. This was never an issue before. And while music is playing, everytime I open another app, spotify app closes. This also was not an issue before. When I emailed a customer service abou...

• Casual Listener
  • Since 4 days ago, everytime my iPhone goes black, the music stops. This was never an issue before. And while music is playing, everytime I open another app, spotify app closes. This also was not a...
  • koalapeck
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms][Playlists] Cannot sync computer files to iPhone playlists

I've been trying to solve this problem and I've tried everything and I can't fix it. Here's my issue: I have playlists made that involve both songs I have been able to find on Spotify, and songs that aren't on Spotify but that are from my computer (i...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to solve this problem and I've tried everything and I can't fix it. Here's my issue: I have playlists made that involve both songs I have been able to find on Spotify, and songs that...
  • MikeATL
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • All Platforms
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! spotify running feature not showing

The running feature in spotify has recently disappeared after i had been using it for months. The original thread regarding the running feature has since been resolved. However im still experiencing this problem with everything up to date. Ive tried ...

• The running feature in spotify has recently disappeared after i had been using it for months. The original thread regarding the running feature has since been resolved. However im still exp...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Running- IOS Help

The icon for "running" does not appear when i'm using my Premium subscription on my iPhone. Everything is up to date.When I log in from an android, the icon appears. Does anyone know what's going on?

• Casual Listener
  • The icon for "running" does not appear when i'm using my Premium subscription on my iPhone. Everything is up to date. When I log in from an android, the icon appears. Does anyone know what's going o...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ipad crashes when adding a playlist

Have an ipad air 2 on latest os but every time I try and add a playlist it crashes, any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • Have an ipad air 2 on latest os but every time I try and add a playlist it crashes, any ideas?
  • smart1e
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover weekly not showing up

Hi-I recently subscribed to spotify two weeks ago. Discover Weekly feature is not showing up on the browse section. My friends and family all have this feature and they is one of the main reasons for why I paid premium for spotify.I'd appreciate some...

• Hi- I recently subscribed to spotify two weeks ago. Discover Weekly feature is not showing up on the browse section. My friends and family all have this feature and they is one of the main reasons...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discoverweekly
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffle Play

Hello, I am a premium user and I still have problems with 'shuffle play'. I know this topic has been discussed many times in the past and perhaps this is just me being too dumb to figure this out. Spotify just show a 'shuffle play' green button. I ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I am a premium user and I still have problems with 'shuffle play'. I know this topic has been discussed many times in the past and perhaps this is just me being too dumb to figure thi...
  • alessia_gb
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes