Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on iOS devices (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify
506 Replies

My issues are similar to those outlined by karadanielle22 above.  The problem is with local files not syncing.  In my playlists, local files are not grayed out.  When the playlist arrives at a local file it appears to start the local track but then stops.  You can fast forward over the track to the next track in the playlist (i.e.. the app is not frozen)   I'm running the latest version of spotify on a iPhone 5s with ios 7.  All of these local files played in offline playlists  before the migration to iPhone 5s/Ios 7.

version 0.8.0 broke offline for me.

Won't sync any playlists. Today it synced some files that I've listened to.

Same for me.  Not all of my songs will sync to my iPhone 5S.  It's mostly the local files that are not syncing.

None of my playlists are synching when I am offline. And like some, this started happening when I got the new upgrade for Spotify. I didn't have these since before. I am going to try to open up some space on my iPad. I saw someone's saying something about having atleast 500MB available on your device.

I have problems to sync some tracks, they wont play even if I remove the offline flag. Some of them has the green arrow telling it is available offline, some don't. The problem started when I was syncing while having 12% of battery left. The iPhone suddenly shut down and after a while I restarted it, trying to sync and the phone went dead again. I was then able to restart the phone again, but skipped Spotify until I charge the phone. I thought that the offline files were corrupt in some way so I uninstalled Spotify, downloaded other music until the memory was empty in order to write over any corrupt files, removed the music again to free memory an reinstalled Spotify. But I still have problems with the same artist, Louis Amstrong, but different tracks. Switched some other playlists to offline mode and synced about 200 tracks without problem. The tracks I can't play on the phone play perfectly fine on my Mac. I have a iPhone5 with iOS 7.0.3

This is a bit mysterious.  Today i deleted the spotify app from my iphone.  I reloaded the app and re-synced my off-line playlist.  Now everything plays perfectly.  Not really sure what happened but it worked.

I can't synchronise in my iphone the music with the symbol cercling in red on my screenshot. But the songs are available on my computer. 

Can you help me ?spotify.png

What I did was I deleted the Spotify app, and downloaded it again. I had to resynch my offline playslists. I haven't had issues since I did that.

My offline playlists had been working fine until this morning. Then it asked me to log in with my username and password, and when I did that it cleared out all my downloaded tracks and started to re-sync them all. It stalled after downloading just a few tracks and has been stuck dead for the last half hour. Iphone 4s, ios 7.0.3, 6 gigabytes free, ~400 tracks offline.

Hi,

I have problem #2, fairly regularly, Spotify will ask me to login again and all of my offline playlists will be gone. This has only started happening for me with the last update and happens seemingly randomly. I'm trying to find a consistent way of making it happen, but haven't got there yet.

Any suggestions would be useful as this only happens to me when I'll be on 3G for a while and not when it wouldn't matter 😛

Thanks

Hello,

I have just changed to spotify premium specifically to have offline playlists as I am travelling overseas. For the month that I had the free trial the offline playlists all worked, but since about nov 1st my playlist just changes to a loading symbol whenever I try to access it offline and is never able to load meaning I can't listen to any music. When I have an Internet connection it is fine.. I've tried shutting down and restarting both the app and my iPad and updating to the latest version of spotify with no luck. I'm really disappointed as I'm paying for this service specifically and would appreciate any help you can give me, otherwise I plan to email spotify for a refund. Thanks,liesbeth

Annoying as it is to do since you need to resync any offline content, a clean reinstallation of the Spotify app might fix that for you @Lgeerligs .

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

iPhone 5 / 32gb / Spotify premium / Signed in via facebook. 

If i restart my iPhone and close down all my apps. when i launch spotify it prompts for authentication via facebook. When it logs in, all of my downloaded content is no longer downloaded and it requires all the playlists to be re-downloaded. Whilst annoying on wifi, not the end of the world. But since i am trying to not use iTunes anymore this is preventing me from completely switching over. If this keeps happening i may cancel my premium subscription. The only reason for the subcription is to have offline access whilst out and about in the car and commuting. Very annoying when no access to music is available. Appreciate a response. 

@stimpyian - That is weird, the application should definitely remember your account details after a reboot. Might be worth trying a reinstallation as in my post above and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter ill give that a try!

i am new to spotify premium and when i turn the Available OFFLINE button on - none of the songs download. I tried reinstalling 2x already

I just got iPhone 5S and now a majority of my downloaded offline playlist of 1550 songs will not play. There is cover art but no music. I have to skip over 5,6,7 songs to get one that will play. I have most up to date iOS and over 11gigs of memory available. Spotify is using 9 gigs. I have changed the music quality from extreme to high with no changes in the problem. These exact settings were fine and worked perfectly on my 4S.

Hello,

All my playlists have become unavailable and I am unable to listen to anything voa sportify. I have the premium service and am up to date will all payments. Please can someone advise me on what to do, as surrebtly I have no access to my music. I can see all the songs on various playlists but they have been greyed out, and when i hit the slider to make the list availbale offline, I can slide it over but nothing happens.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks,

Ella

@EllaClay - Do you get any error messages at all? 

Peter

None- not sure what happened but think Spotify might have changed my account to a free one as I had my bank cards stolen. However I haven't recieved any messages from them about this. If this is the case I think it's really bad form to essentially block a loyal customer of nearly 2 years (who always pays on time) account, without so much as a warning or email.

Not very happy at the moment. Feel like a user and not a customer.....not happy at all.

Any advice on how to sort this Peter?

Best wishes,

Ella

Suggested posts