Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

GAPLESS PLAYBACK NOT WORKING

GAPLESS PLAYBACK NOT WORKING

Gapless playback & Crossfade is NOT working.  It was working this morning but all of a sudden it skips to the track following what should be next. 

I have ALWAYS created and listened to my playlists with Gapless Playback ON and Crossfade set to 12s and there has never before been a problem.

What's going on?!? Any insight as to a solution?!? 

2 Replies

Hey there @donkeylarry

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? There's a difference between the two in how the app data are being managed.

We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thank you for the reply Ivan!  I have not done a reinstall.   I have multiple playlists where I have uploaded some songs (mp3's etc) and did not want to have to re-download all of those again after the install.  

I am correct in the understanding that those would have to re-sync to my computer again (where my Local Files are stored) correct?!?

Everything works fine using my iPad...this only happens during playback on my phone and started after the latest update. 

Don't really feel like hours of work ahead is very exciting to put everything back in order and re-upload files when it appears the update is the problem.  

Suggested posts