Premium (Student)

Country

Netherlands

Device

Iphone 11 Pro Max & Iphone 8 Plus

Operating System

IOS 14.3

My Question or Issue

Me and my girlfriend tried to do a group session but it is out of sync like half a second we tried everything (reinstalling spotify, clearing all background apps, tried using wifi and 4G, tried restarting our phones, tried me as host and her as host.) nothing seems to work and it kinda ruined the mood pls fix or give solution, love the app btw

8 Replies

Hey @JarmoPauw,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

This is an expected behavior. A slight delay of 0.5s to 1.5s can happen as maintaining perfect sync is currently not always possible due to technical reasons. That doesn't mean we won't be striving to improve on this in the future, but in general, having a small de-sync or "lag" like this when connecting two devices over the internet will most likely always exist. 

Hope this clears things up. Let us know if you need help with anything else.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi There,

I am sorry to hear that you are having the same problem that I am having but I am also happy to hear that you also encountered this since it will serves as a validation of an ongoing issue with Spotify Group Session... Feel free to check out my post and the steps I have done so far. Hoping for this issue to be resolved soon:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Syncing-issue-with-Spotify-Group-Session/m-p/510533... 

How is this still a thing? Spoiling my group listen with my girlfriend, over the internet. Come on Spotify, please sort it out...

We have 2023, where whole Games can react in milliseconds and provide reliable sync. I cannot believe it's that hard to share a single timestamp for a few people and make sure it's received by everyone at the same time.

Call Amazon, ask them how did they make Alexas play songs from Spotify in perfect sync. Years ago. Group session is useless remotely …

I also have poor synchronisation

Disappointing feature

Amazon Alexa is connected to your network and can communicate with other devices within it. It's a completely different principle from sports sessions.

*spotify sessions

Suggested posts