Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hearting not working right

Hearting not working right

Plan = Premium

Country = USA

Device = iPhone Xs

Operating System = iOS 14.7.1

My Question or Issue = I have the ability to heart songs but the app is functioning in reverse. Meaning, when I heart a song it gets removed from my liked songs. And when I unheart a song it gets added to my liked songs. Anyone know what to do? I’ve only tried exiting the app and restarting my phone. Haven’t tried resetting or deleting/reinstalling the app yet. Waiting for feedback here first.

8 Replies

Hi there @BdubsNYC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks Jeremy! Will this delete all my previously liked songs?

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

@SteveHui, can you confirm if you followed the steps in the article that @Jeremy sent above?

@BdubsNYC, don't worry, your Liked Songs and all of your saved content will remain untouched. You'd just need to re download your music for offline listening after running the clean reinstall.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

@BdubsNYC wrote:

I have the ability to heart songs but the app is functioning in reverse. Meaning, when I heart a song it gets removed from my liked songs. And when I unheart a song it gets added to my liked songs. Anyone know what to do?

Please, go and vote for the issue. It's going on for weeks now.

Hi, unlike others here, I never downloaded any music locally so I was so I followed all the instructions to a T.  It didn’t solve anything. I still have the same problem. What should I do now?

Hi, I followed all the instructions to a T, but it’s still not working properly. Same issue as before. What should I do now?

Hi folks,

Thank you for your replies. 

@BdubsNYC This is certainly an issue that's been reported recently by other users.

As @Onewave shared before, this is the thread that's handling this specific issue, so please head there and add the following info to the post:

• Your device info: Make, model and operating system

• Spotify's app version

• Steps on how you reproduce the issue

In that post we'll share all updates related to this issue, so please keep an eye on it.

Cheers!

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts