Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Heavy Rotation, Please Rotate Away from My Spotify

Solved!

Heavy Rotation, Please Rotate Away from My Spotify

I have been a Spotify premium member since Day One in the U.S. I listen to Classical. I NEVER want to listen to rap, hip-hop, or the like. NEVER. I especially don't want it in my face when I log on to Spotify. I NEVER want it to pollute my Spotify "Home". I NEVER want it shoved down my throat by Spotify as it does in my "Heavy Rotation", "Made for You" personalized playlists, or anything else in Spotify as it relates to my account. NEVER.

Yet it does. And I can't get rid of it.

It's like a bad horror movie The way it keeps showing up no matter what I do. Worst of all, it defaults to playing these genres at top volume every time I restart Spotify. I'm at my wit's end.

SPOTIFY, WHY CAN'T YOU FIX THIS???

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Im having the same issue - a load or Rap music added to my heavy rotation

Its a lie when Spotify say its music you have listened to!   Ive had Spotify support change my password and log me out of all devices twice now but i still get more heavy rotation claiming ive listened to certain tracks at certain times of day.   Just had more added on the 31st saying id listened to 30 minutes of it even though ive got explicit music turned off and was asleep at the time

There is definitely something deeper going on here trying to shove certain tracks down our throats - perhaps for money?

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Thank for reaching Spotify Community.

I'm sorry for that inconvenient. Those "heavy rotation" you mean is a system generated basing on your listening history. It will took some time to generate new set of songs. Just keep on playing and listening on Spotify.

For further information, Just click HERE.

Have a nice day!

I have the same problem.  Titles and genre (expecially explicit lyrics rap titles)  that I've never played or searched for are appearing on my Recently Played list AND Heavy Rotation.  I don't want to see these.  I don't have time to "stream a bunch of titles to replace it".  I don't have time to swipe over these.  I'm in my car and cannot be distracted by these titles.  Don't make me leave leave Spotify.  Please provide a way to clear or reset both my Heavy Rotation and Recently Played lists.   I have just changed the security on my account.   

That's ridiculous as a solution. I've been doing that for month's now and new UNWANTED tracks keep appearing. How are these bogus tracks being generated? And if we want to stir to a hornet's nest, are these bogus tracks diluting the royalties that would otherwise be going to the artists? If that gets out, it could sink all of Spotify!! Just think about that for a minute.

Same with me - a track from a guy called Luke Warmer keeps popping up in my recently played and heavy rotation?! Even though I've logged out of all devices (apart from my phone) and changed my password!

What's going on? It's so frustrating

I suffer of a similar issue with this Heavy Rotation which does not even a bit reflect what I was listening all the time. I even deinstalled and installed again Spotify in hope to get rid of it. 

The solution you presented does not work at all. The music I don’t even know comes back all the time and even starts by default. I had never in my life listened to this music nor had I ever heard of it. I have no clue how it found its way into my account since it was never shared. From the music I listen to doesn‘t even appear one dam song in heavy rotation. 

Please fix it with an update since I really plan to move to Apple Music if this problem persists. 

Thank you very much

Same problem. I am ready to leave Spotify. Done. This is ridiculous. No reason to pay for anything that doesn't work for me. 

It is as bad as their post verification process.

Not a solution.  My heavy rotatio has gone through electronica, to gansta rap, and now appear to be on R&B pop.  I have never listened to any of those.  and it starts to play them at random, i.e. go to check my email and out comes rap with explicit lyrics.  The feature needs to be disabled until it can be corrected.

Just wanted to say that Luke Warmer singlehandedly ruined my Spotify Year in Review. I ended up changing all my passwords and stuff but somehow he was still my top played artist even though I've never heard of him or listened to him. Pretty sure he's got someone hacking Spotify accounts to get his play numbers up. If anyone from Spotify sees this, let me know what I can do to get this on record that he does it. I look forward to my Year in Review every year and this year it was totally bonkers and made no sense because it was all from whoever hacked my account.

I'm having the same issue and listening to more songs that I actually like hadn't helped. EXO is a plague that I deal with daily. 

Marked as solution

Im having the same issue - a load or Rap music added to my heavy rotation

Its a lie when Spotify say its music you have listened to!   Ive had Spotify support change my password and log me out of all devices twice now but i still get more heavy rotation claiming ive listened to certain tracks at certain times of day.   Just had more added on the 31st saying id listened to 30 minutes of it even though ive got explicit music turned off and was asleep at the time

There is definitely something deeper going on here trying to shove certain tracks down our throats - perhaps for money?

What I’m guessing is happening here is that your accounts have been hijacked and strangers are using your account, thus messing with your most listened to, recommendations and heavy rotations. 

Same thing happened to me. I know it was someone hacking my account because I kept getting password reset emails every time I changed my Facebook pw ( I use fb to log into Spotify).

what should be done is a better security option. Give us 2 factor authentication or at least prompt for an email verification if a different device is used. 

A way way to track connected devices would be handy too so we can squash unwanted squatters. 

1. It took 12+ steps to register myself to like and reply to this message. I guess spotify doesnt want too many complaints.

2. This "heavy rotation" feature is garbage and will not rotate away from things I stopped listening to months ago. 

3. I absolutely hate that their "just keep listening to more music on spotify" is so casually put out there with no additional fixes for the people who said that solution doesnt work. It shows a lack of regard for the consumer. 

4. This is off topic but - when I have 300 songs on a playlist and I can shuffle through 150 not so popular tracks before they slip a hit in there, that says they absolutely have their 'shuffle' feature rigged to favor less expensive music. Its soo obvious, its sick.

5. I'm definitely on the fence about staying with spotify.

6. Edit* I just noticed beside my name says "newbie" like I was born yesterday and must not know how to use the service. Yes, I just registered for the community but I have had spotify since it came out. What a joke!

On December 3, 2018 I had a online chat with Spotify help desk (was going to attach it buts its too long).  In summary, they reset my account password, logged out all devices, and told me to keep listening.  So now 2.5 months later, my heavy rotation does show two playlists that I do listen to, however, they are playlists that I think I have listened to a couple of times in the last couple of months, and not the one playlist that I listen to pretty much every day.  And my spotify does not just start to play randomly, as it did before.  In short, an improvement, NOT A SOLUTION, not a usefull feature and one I still wish I had control over, or was just not there at all.

ACTUAL SOLUTION

(Not sure how some of this stuff got marked as a solution...)

On Desktop, navigate to Recently Played then right click on all of these unwanted playlists as you scroll down.  Click "remove from recently played" in the dropdown menu.

Very important.  Reset your password to avoid a repeat of whatever entity or bot compromised your account...  If your Spotify Account credentials were created using the Login Via Facebook link, then change both your Spotify password (associated with your username) AND your Facebook Password, which could probably use an update too...

If you see these playlists it means you've been hacked so do the same thing and reset passwords if you ever see those crazy genre, songs, artists appearing.

Suggested posts