Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! Lost playlists

Help! Lost playlists

All my playlists are lost from my iPad, but not from my iPhone. Why? Could the reason be that earlier my friend shared her internet from her phone to my iPad (she has a samsung)?

8 Replies

No. You should check that your spotify app has the sync option enabled. Other reason could be that the iPad is not properly connected to the internet therefore cannot sync your playlist. Try to log off and then log in again.

How do I check the spotify app has sync enabled?  Do I need it on my laptop and iPad?

Hi @Happibuoy, it is actually always syncing so you do not have to worry about that. For example, if you create a playlist, you'll see that across all your devices instantly.

Thanks for your reply. Until a week or so ago there was no problem seeing my playlists on laptop and iPad. Now I have no playlists on my iPad, when I check devices available on spotify on the laptop it doesn't see my iPad. Both devices are connected to the same wifi. Any clues please? Thanks in advance.

Let's see.....uhmm Check that the 'offline' option is not enable and the 'download over cellular' is active on the iPad. Also, try to sign out and sign in again on the iPad. Let me know how it went....

I don't have the premium  service at the moment. If I move the offline button then it asks me to upgrade to premium. A strange thing happened, I created a new playlist, added one song, all my previous playlists came back, one snag I couldn't play any tracks, no movement in time on the track and no sound. When I log out then log in then the playlists disappear until I create a new one. Then the sequence starts all over again. Very odd. Thanks again for helping me, it's so frustrating. The version on my iPad is 5.4.0.1011.

Hi @Happibuoy it sounds like you've created a second account and that's what you've signed into on your iPad. 

Please be sure you're logging in with the same details on both devices. I recommend using your Spotify username and not your email to avoid any confusion.

Hi Meredith. I have only ever used my spotify username and password to log on. As I said everything was fine until around a month or so ago when my playlists disappeared from my iPad. The laptop works fine, log in no problem, I have uninstalled and reinstalled spotify on my iPad but it is still the same. I can log in on my iPad using the same details as the laptop but no playlists. Please help me find a solution. Thank you for your help today Meredith.

Suggested posts