Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Unit Shown twice

On my ipad i have the problem, that my amp is listed twice, but only one works. And this not allways. How do I get rid of the second device?when I choose to Stream to the amp, I will not work allways for the right entry on the list. Only sometimes. T...

• On my ipad i have the problem, that my amp is listed twice, but only one works. And this not allways. How do I get rid of the second device? when I choose to Stream to the amp, I will not work allwa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play album

I was listening to a playlist I have saved to my phone and noticed that two albums are being skipped entirely when I try to listen to them. (Specifically, I have an R.E.M. playlist and I'm unable to listen to Out of Time.) The songs are listed in the...

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to a playlist I have saved to my phone and noticed that two albums are being skipped entirely when I try to listen to them. (Specifically, I have an R.E.M. playlist and I'm unable to ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't update!

I have true to do an update from the App Store for Spotify but it just keeps coming up as loading on the app icon. Spotify will not open as I can not delete it and reinstall it. Seems like it has" hung"! Any ideas?

• I have true to do an update from the App Store for Spotify but it just keeps coming up as loading on the app icon. Spotify will not open as I can not delete it and reinstall it. Seems like it has" hu...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Radio problems with iOS 6

Hi everyone, first timer here at the forums. I have been using Spotify on my iPhone 4S for a few months. In the recent a few weeks, I have been experiencing problems with the radio function of the Spotify app. The radio just does not load. I first st...

• Casual Listener
  • ...efuses to load the radio (the loading symbol stays spinning forever). Even worse, even if I'm completely out of the campus and on public roads with solely 3G signals, the radio still cannot seem to snap o...
  • jdhewitt
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS spotify crash

Brief description of the issue:Spotify iOS app crashes after 30 seconds of being open/playing a song.App only crashes when using Wi-fi. App does not crash on cellular or on offline mode. When the app crashes, it closes and shows the home screen but i...

• Brief description of the issue: Spotify iOS app crashes after 30 seconds of being open/playing a song. App only crashes when using Wi-fi. App does not crash on cellular or on offline mode.   ...
  • morhout
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS 9.2.1 crash
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Iphone 5S app crashes when going on wifi

The app crashes when trying to launch on my iphone 5S with the latest IOS 9.1 when I am on wifi. If I am not online via wifi, the app launches and I am able to listen to music. The minute I enable wifi the app crashes again. I have tried uninstalling...

• The app crashes when trying to launch on my iphone 5S with the latest IOS 9.1 when I am on wifi.    If I am not online via wifi, the app launches and I am able to listen to music. Th...
  • morhout
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iPhone 5

Hi,Spotify premium doesn't work on my iPhone5, everytime I press play the track doesn't start.Is there anybody who knows how to fix it? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Spotify premium doesn't work on my iPhone5, everytime I press play the track doesn't start. Is there anybody who knows how to fix it?   Thanks
  • frederic84
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs don't start

Dear Community, I have a problem since a few days on my Spotify App on Iphone (premium account).The problem is the following : When I start a song, it stays at 00:00 and even if the button "play" is on, nothing is happening. The time doesn't move and...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Community,   I have a problem since a few days on my Spotify App on Iphone (premium account). The problem is the following :   When I start a song, it stays at 00:00 and even if t...
  • AurelN
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Devices available not showing under big play/pause button on iPhone 6 plus

Since 1 or 2 weeks, the words "devices available" at the bottom of the play screen are not always showing up on iPhone 6 plus. I need to restart the app to fix it. May be linked when I have used airplay or spotify connect before.

• Music Fan
  • Since 1 or 2 weeks, the words "devices available" at the bottom of the play screen are not always showing up on iPhone 6 plus. I need to restart the app to fix it. May be linked when I have used airp...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Download to iPod

Hi All, This is a real newbie question but, how do you download from Spotify to iPod? When I plus in my iPod, nothing pops up on Spotify. Help. Gary

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   This is a real newbie question but, how do you download from Spotify to iPod?  When I plus in my iPod, nothing pops up on Spotify.   Help.   Gary
  • garywilliamsipl
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I keep getting login failed Error 404 when trying to login to my iPhone Spotify app

I've got a new iPhone and have installed Spotify app which works on my android phone. Trying to login it won't allow me to do so and say Login Error 404. Trying to login through Facebook doesn't work either and I either get the same error message or ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got a new iPhone and have installed Spotify app which works on my android phone. Trying to login it won't allow me to do so and say Login Error 404. Trying to login through Facebook doesn't work...
  • pprmorgan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • error message
    iphone app
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How would a single one thumb up affect my radio experience? It can't be canceled

Hi everyone, I like radio because I like the feeling that I can't choose, which means I listen to what the radio station plays to me. So I never give any songs thumbs up or down. However, just now, I accidently hit a thumb up, and to my surprise, it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone, I like radio because I like the feeling that I can't choose, which means I listen to what the radio station plays to me. So I never give any songs thumbs up or down.   H...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unplayable songs

Yesterday everything on a playlist was able to play, today (after I did a software update, idk if it's because of this or just a coincidence) only 5 songs from a certain album were able to play, so me thinking it was my phone screwing up, deleted my ...

• Regular
  • Yesterday everything on a playlist was able to play, today (after I did a software update, idk if it's because of this or just a coincidence) only 5 songs from a certain album were able to play, so m...
  • Kelseyann529
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 5 compatible app?

Spotify is now iOS 6+ only. Spotify for iOS 4 is a very outdated version/app, not the same as the latest iOS 5 compatible version of Spotify. Could we get a Spotify for iOS 5 app in App Store? With the "latest" additions possible. As of now, iOS 5 us...

• Spotify is now iOS 6+ only. Spotify for iOS 4 is a very outdated version/app, not the same as the latest iOS 5 compatible version of Spotify.   Could we get a Spotify f...
  • Velkkr0
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Saved albums not showing on my Mac

I selected and saved Albums on my iPad and they are not showing on my Mac (I am logged in the same account - my starred tracks are showing but not the saved albums).

• I selected and saved Albums on my iPad and they are not showing on my Mac (I am logged in the same account - my starred tracks are showing but not the saved albums). 
  • plants_
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain songs stop playing after 10-14 seconds

Some songs on my library will stop playing after 10-14 seconds and will not ever load. After they stop they won't download either, it started happening right after the last update. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

• Visitor
  • Some songs on my library will stop playing after 10-14 seconds and will not ever load. After they stop they won't download either, it started happening right after the last update. Any ideas on how I...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Still crashes

Spotify works on my iphone but not my iPad pro. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I've even tried the "changing the region" trick. Still doesn't work. When the app isn't frozen when I open the app, which is every time, the times I mange...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify works on my iphone but not my iPad pro. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I've even tried the "changing the region" trick. Still doesn't work. When the app isn't frozen when I o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Make your own mixes the default offline file?

Hi, One of my favourite albums was originally released heavily compressed, but now has a DVD-A uncompressed release that wouldn't be on spotify, but sounds 10x better and clearer. Is there a way I can set this album to be offline and then sync my mix...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   One of my favourite albums was originally released heavily compressed, but now has a DVD-A uncompressed release that wouldn't be on spotify, but sounds 10x better and clearer. Is there a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trubles with same sons's tempo

I had same song's that have the tempo slowed, I don't know why, please help me.

• Casual Listener
  • I had same song's that have the tempo slowed, I don't know why, please help me.
  • matpastor
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Search Failed" on Iphone

I am getting a search failed message when trying to look for music on my iphone. I've tried restarting the phone, logging out and logging back in. This error is not occuring on my laptop. Anyone else having an issue?

photo.PNG
  • I am getting a search failed message when trying to look for music on my iphone. I've tried restarting the phone, logging out and logging back in. This error is not occuring on my laptop. Anyone else...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes