Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

History on iOS

Solved!

History on iOS

How do I view my listening history on iPhone? I noticed the option is not there. When I look in my desktop app, it only shows the history of the songs that played on the desktop.
I heard some very cool songs that played after my playlist ended, but I was driving in the car and could not add them to my playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@jaspoid-0934 @iaoth @matty_kellogg 

Good news!

The new "Recently Played" section is rolling out to the mobile app in the home tab. Here you will be able to see up to 3 months of listening history. Look for the clock icon in the top right corner of the home tab.

Travel back in time: Rediscover lost gems in your listening history with a new โ€œRecently playedโ€ destination, where users can jump back in time and browse up to three monthsโ€™ worth of listening history. Premium and Free users globally will be able to browse recently played individual tracks and episodes in addition to the playlists, albums, and shows they were played from.

You can read more info about "recently played" and other updates to the home tab in the news article:
New Features on Spotifyโ€™s Home Hub Make Navigation and Discovery Even Simpler

Spotify_Updates_March2021_PR-Header_1920x733-2048x782.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @jaspoid-0934 

Your listening history is located under the library tab on mobile, scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see recently played. Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm sorry, but I do not see the last played songs when I go to library and scroll to the bottom of the page. It does show the playlists that I have played, but that is not what I meant.

@support no ideas? 

History seems to be removed in the new layout? As far as I recall, it used to be where @marcaevans indicated, but now it seems to be gone.

Hello @jaspoid-0934 

The Recently Played section has moved to the home tab. The Recently Played section only show playlists, artists, and albums.

It does not show each song you played in the past like the "History" page in the desktop app.

I suggest giving this idea a vote if you want a full history in the mobile app:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Listening-History-On-Mobile/idi-p/633072

MattSudaSpotify Star

No
Marked as solution

@jaspoid-0934 @iaoth @matty_kellogg 

Good news!

The new "Recently Played" section is rolling out to the mobile app in the home tab. Here you will be able to see up to 3 months of listening history. Look for the clock icon in the top right corner of the home tab.

Travel back in time: Rediscover lost gems in your listening history with a new โ€œRecently playedโ€ destination, where users can jump back in time and browse up to three monthsโ€™ worth of listening history. Premium and Free users globally will be able to browse recently played individual tracks and episodes in addition to the playlists, albums, and shows they were played from.

You can read more info about "recently played" and other updates to the home tab in the news article:
New Features on Spotifyโ€™s Home Hub Make Navigation and Discovery Even Simpler

Spotify_Updates_March2021_PR-Header_1920x733-2048x782.png

MattSudaSpotify Star

Nevermind. I replied to an old post. 

When I view the Listening History page on my iPhone (Iโ€™m a paid user), there are no 3 dots or anything else at the top that I can click to filter it to show Recent Tracks. It only shows playlists and albums, but never a chronological list of every track. How do I make this work? Itโ€™s really annoying, because it shows that I listened to a Daily Mix yesterday, but doesnโ€™t show which tracks. And of course if I click on the Daily Mix today, the tracks are totally different.

Hey @topsykretts,

Thanks for the post.

Once you open your Spotify app and you land on the Home screen, in the upper right corner you should see a clock icon. Clicking this should open a listening history containing the last 50 tracks you've played.

Check out the image from MattSuda's post, to see how it looks.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Am I being stupid or what?

The clock button on the Home Screen is not a list of the last played tracks in the order they were played. This is a list of some of the recent playlists and radio stations and some individual tracks Iโ€™ve played recently. Many omissions. 

So this is totally different to the โ€˜Recently Playedโ€™ list I can get on desktop. Why is this so hard to implement on mobile? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Suggested posts