Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't add an album into the right folder ant longer on iOS

Solved!

I can't add an album into the right folder ant longer on iOS

Spotify Premium in the UK using iPhone XR

Until recently I could save an album from my library into a folder by simply going to Add To Playlist, going to the correct folder you wanted to place it in and click "new playlist", give it a name and it would appear in the right folder. However, it now puts the new playlist at the top of all my playlists NOT in the folder I'd selected. You then have to go to your computer and drag the new playlist into the correct folder manually. Help. This has only happened since I updated to version 8.5.85.836

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @citizenwatt,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If have though on how the Desktop app's functionality can be improved to better your user experience, we'd recommend sharing that in the New Desktop Experience Feedback thread. There your feedback will get straight to the developer team and may influence how the app changes in future updates.

Hope you find this useful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @citizenwatt,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

We tried this from our end and it worked as it should.

Can your perform a clean reinstall of the app? This step will clean the cache and corrupted files from previous installations that can cause issues.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks, it worked. The only challenge now is on the desktop version of Spotify for iOS. If you create a new playlist from an album by dragging it to playlists it comes out at "album title" - "artist name" rather than the right way around ("artist name" - "album title"). It's been like this for ages and is really annoying, but no fix. If however, you use the dropdown on the album to turn it into a playlist it's the correct way around. However, when you've got a huge library of music which are in folders and sub folders this can be a pain to do. HELP!!!
Marked as solution

Hi there @citizenwatt,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If have though on how the Desktop app's functionality can be improved to better your user experience, we'd recommend sharing that in the New Desktop Experience Feedback thread. There your feedback will get straight to the developer team and may influence how the app changes in future updates.

Hope you find this useful.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts