Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IOS 13 bug

Solved!

IOS 13 bug

im a beta user for ios 13, and ive been experiencing bug where the spotify stops playing when i switch to other apps, i know its normal to experience bug as a beta user. just checking in 

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia 

Device

(iPhone X)

Operating System

(iOS 13 beta)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @isanuruddinnexu, help's here!

Thank you for reporting this. In that case, I'd recommend a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. If that doesn't help, please let me know if this happens to certain apps - and I'll take a closer look into this for you.

Keep me updated 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @isanuruddinnexu, help's here!

Thank you for reporting this. In that case, I'd recommend a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. If that doesn't help, please let me know if this happens to certain apps - and I'll take a closer look into this for you.

Keep me updated 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

hey it worked like a charm!! waited for awhile to redownload all the songs but the bug is fixed thank you so much!! i will keep posting if there’s any new bug regarding this app. Thanks again! 🙂

Hey @isanuruddinnexu!

No worries, I'm always happy to help! I'm also happy to hear that this issue got resolved. If you have any more issues with the Spotify app, just let me know!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi. I have been getting the same problem with the Spotify app on iOS 13. I took your suggestion and reinstalled the app, so hopefully that will work. But I would think there should be a better solution, to avoid all users who upgrade to iOS 13 having to reinstall their Spotify app. 

Reinstalling the Spotify app did not solve the problem for me. It still frequently stops playing (and skips the rest of the song in the playlist) when I leave the app and then return to it. 

Running iOS 13 beta 2 on an iPhone X. 

Mark

Hey @markknopper.

Thank you for getting back in touch. When it comes to beta software, keep in mind that it is not a final version and you may run into some unexpected behavior. It'd be best to report it using Feedback Assistant, and revert to a public release of the software.

I hope that helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes I did report the problem to Apple using the Feedback Assistant. 

I am a developer and I run the Apple beta operating systems partly in order to provide feedback to Apple (and other developers) to help improve future software. That is why I have reported the problem here, in lieu of a more direct way of reporting problems to Spotify engineers.

Hey @markknopper.

I just took a closer look at this for you. Spotify isn't able to assist in issues on software that isn't supported by them (such as iOS 13 Beta). I'd recommend checking out the support site on the supported devices/ operating systems.

The other option you can try is a clean reinstall of the app if/once you have a stable version and the issue persists there as well.

Thanks.
Billy-JSpotify Star

This still happens on iOS 13 Beta 3, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app.

Hey folks!

I'll make sure to pass this feedback on to the right folks, hopefully this is resolved when iOS 13 is officially released.

Billy-JSpotify Star

This problem seems to have stopped happening with iOS beta 4 and the latest Spotify app updates. I would tentatively say the issue is solved. 

Hey @markknopper,

Yes, iOS 13 is now officially released, and you shouldn't be expecting any problems with the app.

If in any case, you do, just reply here and I'll be glad to take a look.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi.  I just downloaded the iOS 13 last night.  When playing Spotify in my car with the bluetooth, I had to turn the volume all the way up in my car to be able to barley hear the music playing.  Is this related to the update?  What can I do to correct this?  Thanks!

Did you try turning up the volume on the iPhone? (Sorry if obvious...)

I did try that. I also tried shutting the Bluetooth off and turning it back on. Do you think I should try to uninstall then reinstall the app?

I downloaded the update a few days ago.   Whenever I plug my phone into headphones I encounter this problem.  The music will pause or play randomly when I'm using other apps.  It will also do that when I move my phone too fast.  It is accompanied by the pop up that shows me my volume is been changed even when I have not pressed the volume button and the volume isn't effected.

I tried to reinstall the app, restart my phone, and I removed the phone case to make sure it wasn't hitting my volume button on accident.

Suggested posts