Impossible to read title of long tracks

Highlighted

Impossible to read title of long tracks

Casual Listener
It's impossible to read a full title especially with compilations of classical music. Since you promote the 100th century of Deutsche Gramophone, could you do something to let the user to see the entire title of a track ??? (See my image if you don't understand my English)
image.jpg
11 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Impossible to read title of long tracks

Community Legend

Hello, @Romain77777! I'm not an iOS expert so DO NOT QUOTE me on this one. I think there's no workaround now for this issue but you could definitely give some kudos to this ideas here:

iPhone App: Show full name of artist and song
iOS: "Intelligent" font size for long track/album/playlist titles

Both ideas are new so go ahead and show your support!

Edit:
Oh, and this idea, too.

Spotify Mobile - Song Title/Album Title Scrolling

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Good idea, I'll try that. Thanks

Highlighted

Regular
Hey man I just posted about this but wanted to give support for others who have noticed this also. Kudos indeed
Highlighted

Regular

Agree this is a problem, especially with classical music.  It is a problem not only on mobile devices, but on computer as well.  Hope Spotify provides an upgrade to address this.

Highlighted

Any progress on this? A big problem for classical music.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Never had one. I have send an email thought. The answer was something like "Get over it". They basically don't give a f***.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
As I have just discovered. Even track numbers would help finding Bach's Goldberg Variations number 13, or Shostakovich's Fugue number 8 amongst the identically titled truncated track names in the 24 Preludes and Fugues. So frustrating. You can see the scrolling title while the track plays and then extrapolate the correct track from there but that's clumsy. Especially for the Bach. At least Shostakovich's Fugue 8 is the 16th track.

Even my podcast app has an option "see beginning of/end of/scrolling track name"
Highlighted

This is really frustrating that this issue has been outstanding this long with Spotify, when you consider how many of their users listen to classical music and what a huge percentage of classical music pieces have long titles -- it makes it literally impossible to browse through classical music! 

Come on, Spotify! You can do better!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

SUGGESTED POSTS