Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Increasing Ads

Increasing Ads

I have had spotify for years, and use the free version because I currently can't afford premium. I have accepted the use of ads, and understand their presence. I also find it reasonable that there has been an increase in ads since I started using this platform in 2015. HOWEVER, the ads keep getting worse and worse: 4-5 ads every 2 songs, more ads on the app, more ads when I am hooked up to another speaker or while driving, just the fact that it is 4-5 ads instead of 1 or 2, the app crashing and playing an ad every time i reboot it. I wish that Spotify would limit themselves, I understand the need for ads to pay for the free service but its getting to a point where I am considering jumping ship. 

6 Replies

Even I had the same experience. Spotify now plays three annoying ads after like 2 songs. The number of ads are more than the songs I've played. I know that it's free so there have to be ads but there can't be so many. 

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

If you're getting adds more frequently than roughly every thirty minutes try keeping the video ad in focus, and don't navigate to another app, browser, etc. Make sure not to click the "No, thanks" button when prompted to watch the ad.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I literally have 2 ads after every.single.song. It was never like this before but it’s so annoying, I never get those ‘watch this ad for 30 mins ad free music’ anymore either UGH

I wonder why your answer has no likes AND isn't marked as a solution...

“Lemme pause my reps and double my time in the gym to watch these dope adverts” —said nobody ever. 

I'm getting 5-6 ads for every three songs; I've gotten the 30-minute ad-free once in the last three months... 

Suggested posts