Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ipod touch, synching with Itunes und use Spotify offline playlists

Ipod touch, synching with Itunes und use Spotify offline playlists

Hello, maybe beginners question? I have now spotify premium und want to buy an Ipod touch 5g as an device using spotify and listen to my mp3 collection. I want to synch my local mp3 with Itunes, so that I can use them normally with the Ipod program (Album view), button "music" as I tried in the shop. Can I then use then the spotify app, put some interesting albums which I dont own in an offline playlist to listen to them when I do not have Internet connection (for example in the car)? Background is that I read something about either Spotify or Itunes and that Spotify deletes the Ipod files when you synch. Or are offline playlists no "synching"? Thanks a lot for answers.

2 Replies

@saugguat wrote:

Hello, maybe beginners question? I have now spotify premium und want to buy an Ipod touch 5g as an device using spotify and listen to my mp3 collection. I want to synch my local mp3 with Itunes, so that I can use them normally with the Ipod program (Album view), button "music" as I tried in the shop. Can I then use then the spotify app, put some interesting albums which I dont own in an offline playlist to listen to them when I do not have Internet connection (for example in the car)? Background is that I read something about either Spotify or Itunes and that Spotify deletes the Ipod files when you synch. Or are offline playlists no "synching"? Thanks a lot for answers.

You can use the native music app and Spotify at the same time on your iPod Touch if you like, just remember that you have to play Spotify content back through the Spotify application since it is encrypted. 

Spotify will only remove content if you are using a standard iPod like a nano. With Spotify premium on an iPod touch you don't even need to connect it to your PC for Spotify 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks! Sounds good.

Suggested posts