Premium

Country

Nz

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 13.2.3

My Question or Issue

My phone gets very hot using Spotify either as the main app or in the background. Regardless of whether it’s downloading in the background it gets uncomfortably hot to the touch

5 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest updating to iOS 13.3 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I experience the same issue on my iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS version 13.3, but ONLY when I use Spotify streaming to my car audio system with Spotify App Link (Kenwood KMM-BT505DAB). I have to close the Spotify app to get normal temperature again and stop battery draining.

When I use spotify with my bluetooth headphones (Miiego BOOM) this doesn't occur.

Spotify version is 8.5.40.252

How to resolve this??

I’m still having this issue for months now. This is extremely annoying. When my iPhone 11 Pro is connected to my Bluetooth car radio, there will be a 50 % chance, it’ll overheat. Sometimes it works fine, but I don’t get why. I already close ALL apps but Spotify when I’m driving to be sure that overheating is not caused by any other app.

That overheating is extremely bad cause it leads to battery drain and lower battery life.

I also tried Apple Music with my car and there was no overheating anymore. After switching back to Spotify, it overheated again. 

If this behavior will not be fixed soon, I’ll switch back to Apple Music to protect my phones battery.

Here are some technical information:

iOS 13.5.1

Spotify 8.5.66.762

Radio: JVC KD-R992BT

I’ve tried this multiple times and still happens to a certain extent on ios14 although not as bad as it was

Hi folks, 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we just came across this thread.

There's currently an Ongoing issue about this. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates. 

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts