Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Jvc stereo no control with app

Jvc stereo no control with app

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

When I plug in the USB cable to the phone on my JVC kd-x352bt, the stereo automatically changes the source to the Spotify app. I can’t change the song or playlist or anything. 

The Spotify version is 8.4.65.1218.

Attached a screenshot of how it looks like.

0517A13A-FC7C-42EA-BD10-4CF69AA9D644.png
22 Replies

Hey @Flangstrom, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll definitely be able to help out though 🙂

How long has this been going on for? Has this always happened or did it start happening recently? 

Also, if you haven't already given it a go, try a quick reinstall to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

I have had the problem since I bought the stereo. I will try your soloution and see if it helps!

Hey @Flangstrom.

We haven't heard back from you in a while so we are hoping that it worked!

Please let us know if it didn't, or if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Have a great day!

Hi, sorry I havent replied. I have tried to reinstall the app but i still can’t control the music.

Hey @Flangstrom.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's possible that the Firmware on your stereo is outdated. Could you find out if you can update the Firmware so it's compatible with the most recent version of Spotify?

If that doesn't help. Could you ask a friend or family member that uses Spotify as well to try to connect their device to your stereo? That way we can find out if theres something up with your mobile device, or with your stereo.

Let us know what you can discover. Have a nice day 🙂

Hi, the stereo is updated with the latest firmware and the problems still remains.

And when i reinstalled the app, the app on the stereo takes control even if I use USB or bluetooth.

And the problem is the same for all my friends too.

Hey @Flangstrom.

Thanks for your feedback.

If your friends are also experiencing the same issue, then we think it might be a problem with the stereo. Is there any way you can reach out to the manufacturer and ask them for help?

Let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime. We'll be right here 🙂

P

Hi, my stereo does the same thing along with many others, i do not believe it is a stereo issue. 

Mine too. Fix your app Spotify!!! Disable "safe" mode, as it is hazardous!!

Was there any resolution?  I have the same problem with my JVC KD-R890BT receiver.

I'm having the same issue. KD-X255BT. Android Pie on a Pixel2 XL.Updated firmware, which did not fix the issue.

Spotify 8.4.84.874

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the delayed response!

Could you all provide us with a bit more information if you haven't already, including:

• device and OS version
  • Spotify version
  • receiver model
  • are you playing through Bluetooth/cable?

Once we have this information, we will be able to look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

• Device / Os: Pixel 2XL with Android 9 (Looks like I posted in the iOS forum by accident.
  • Spotify 8.4.84.874
  • Receiver: JVC KD-X255BT
  • Playing over Bluetooth

Thanks for your help.

I'm getting the same issue.

Samsung J3 (2017) Android 8.0.0

Spotify 8.4.85.1006

JVC KD-R992BT

Playing via Bluetooth

The bluetooth connection works and I can hear the music from the app but it just says "Connecting" constantly so I can't use any of the additional Spotify controls from the radio. This is really annoying as it was one of the reasons I picked this stereo over some other options. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Hello,

Same here. Iphone user. Can connect via usb and bluetooth. Music plays well but I can’t use the phone app to launch music. Only radio button. Not practical at all and more dangerous than just looking for some music quicly on the phone.

Spotify stays on the logo page when connected. Iphone still has control over the radio since i can click on the « next music » button from the iphone control center.

Hey @HollyDams.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you provide the info I requested in my previous post? Once we have that, we'll be able to pass it on to the right folks.

Thanks 🙂

Sure : 

• Device / Os: Iphone SE / 12.1.2
  • Spotify 8.4.79.933
  • Receiver: JVC KD-R891BT
  • Playing over Bluetooth and usb

I just saw there’s spotify update waiting on the appstore. I’ll do it right now and let you know when i’ll try with the radio.

Hey @HollyDams.

Just wanted to check in with you to see if the update fixed things for you 🙂

Let us know! We'll be right here in case you're still needing help with this.

Yes indeed ! 😄 Everything works just fine now.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Suggested posts