Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keeps asking for network connection

Keeps asking for network connection

Even when I have turned on Offline mode, whenever I start the Spotify app it tries to go to a function that requires data access, and i keep getting a prompt to turn on WiFi / data.

This is really annoying - if I turn on offline mode, it shouldn't bug me to enable data EVER, and should just default to showing me music that I have downloaded.

7 Replies

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Could you try doing a full reinstallation of the app, including removing your local cache/data files.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

It is a fresh installation.

I tried to reproduced this issue on my iPhone, and I'm seeing the same alert. 

It seems that iOS is pushing an alert when an app is trying to check if it has internet. Spotify can work without an internet connection, but iOS doesn't know this. Therefore it keeps asking for a network connection. Therefore it seems related to the OS instead of the App.

Last.fm | Twitter

If I've deliberately set the app to be in offline mode in the preferences, then it shouldn't be checking for an internet connection, in which case this problem wouldn't occur.

The app checkig the internet when I've deliberately told it not to is at fault, not ths OS.

You are absolutely right and I appologize for my previous answer as it is not really accurate. I assumed that you were on airplane mode which you aren't. 

I've forwarded your issue to the staff. I'll let you know when I an update.

Last.fm | Twitter

Hey @grahamtriggs,

Are you still seeing this error message at? Just to experiment, does it still appear if you do enable airplane mode? 

Can you send over a screenshot of the message? From there we'll be able to to see if it's coming from Spotify or from your device and we'll see what we can suggest 🙂 

Jake

This is oddly still an issue. Airplane mode works but then instead of asking you to join a network it asks for you to disable airplane mode so it can search for WiFi. 

Suggested posts