Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keyboard doesn't show up under playlist filter

Solved!

Keyboard doesn't show up under playlist filter

Hi there everyone, never post new threads, I usually can find what I'm looking for on the previously asked for questions. Recently I bought a iPhone 7+ and am updated to the latest spotify. The problem. Is that when I go to filter a playlist, ie look for a specific track in my large playlist the keyboard doesn't show up. The area gets dark and the search bar typing icon thing (for lack of a better term) blinks like its ready for me to type but no keyboard shows up. The search function works to search spotify database but I can't seem to search my specific playlists. Any idea has how I can fix this and search my playlist for a specific track? Thanks you guys!
IMG_0580.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jon_hayhoe

Sorry for the trouble.

Are you using a third party keyboard? (not the default keyboard for iOS)

There is currently a bug where if you are not using the default iOS keyboard then it won't show up for the filter. This is a known bug and it's being looked into. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I have the same issue in IOS 10 & 11 using iphone 6s. I use swiftkey.

You can actually come around this bug with 3rd party keyboard.

The solution is: Press filter playlist -> leave the search input field by scrolling a few centimeters so the focusing area in the field is disabled but still in "filter mode" -> then head back up to the filter and press the filter input area again.

Then the keyboard will show up!

Best regards,

Simon Czerwinski

Artist name, Siide.
Music producer & Web System Developer specialization in .NET

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @jon_hayhoe

Sorry for the trouble.

Are you using a third party keyboard? (not the default keyboard for iOS)

There is currently a bug where if you are not using the default iOS keyboard then it won't show up for the filter. This is a known bug and it's being looked into. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I was using swift keyboard and it wouldn't allow me to search, switched to iOS keyboard and it WORKS!!! Thank you 🙂

Glad to hear! You're welcome 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Any progress on this? Also, its funny that you mark this as a solution since it's not really a solution. It's just an answer to his question. Anyway... Any progress?

I agree. This is not really a solution. I use Gboard from Google and knew that using ios native heyboard would work, but there is really not reason why the team wouldn't look into it. This is a known bug, but no progress were made since.

There is another post in this forum that actually provides a work around to make Gboard appear.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Search-within-playlist-doesn-t-work-with-third-part...
Marked as solution

I have the same issue in IOS 10 & 11 using iphone 6s. I use swiftkey.

You can actually come around this bug with 3rd party keyboard.

The solution is: Press filter playlist -> leave the search input field by scrolling a few centimeters so the focusing area in the field is disabled but still in "filter mode" -> then head back up to the filter and press the filter input area again.

Then the keyboard will show up!

Best regards,

Simon Czerwinski

Artist name, Siide.
Music producer & Web System Developer specialization in .NET

This is still not working for me. Does anyone have another answer? I'm so confused. I just got a new phone and my Spotify doesn't have a keyboard.

Like, I have no idea what "press filter playlist" means and I don't seem to have any option that appears like that on my Spotify. Help!!!

Hey @spoonfulofsugar!

Could you try rebooting your device to see if that does the trick? It's also worth disabling Reduce Motion or Prefer Cross-Fade Transitions in your iPhone's Settings > Accessibility.

Looks like the users in this thread had a similar issue with their on-screen keyboards, so feel free to try out their suggestions as well.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts