Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Being Replaced When Syncing iPod Touch

Solved!

Local Files Being Replaced When Syncing iPod Touch

I'm experiencing a strange problem, and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the situation. Spotify works almost flawlessly on my iPhone. When syncing local files, I just add them to a new playlist, make it "available offline," and they work with no issues. 

However, I am having trouble setting up my new iPod. When I follow the same steps to sync my local files, about 40 of my local files do not sync. Instead of completely ignoring the files, spotify is syncing 40 "similar" songs (many of which are live versions, covers, K-Tel re-imaginings). I've been searching for solutions, but haven't found anything.. and I've tried pretty much everything from re-installing spotify to re-downloading/ripping the local files. It's very frustrating because one would assume that the easiest songs to sync would be the songs one owns. I simply want to be able to listen to the music I own.

Thanks for your help in advance. I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Try the following:

1) In the desktop client, go to the Local Files tab

2) Find the songs that aren't syncing correctly

3) For each one, right click it, then press 'Unlink Track'

4) Resync.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Try the following:

1) In the desktop client, go to the Local Files tab

2) Find the songs that aren't syncing correctly

3) For each one, right click it, then press 'Unlink Track'

4) Resync.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks for your help. This worked after following those steps and then re-installng the spotify app.

Suggested posts