Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files and Spotify Files Don’t Mix When Shuffled

Local Files and Spotify Files Don’t Mix When Shuffled

I realized today that if you have Local Files and Spotify Files in the same playlist together and hit shuffle it will play through all of the Spotify Files in your playlist before getting to your local files. I tested this out by adding 10 Local Files and 10 Spotify Files to a playlist and hitting shuffle then looking at the “Next From:” list. Every single time it will put all 10 Spotify Files before the 10 Local Files. 

This is a big problem if you have a playlist with thousands of songs in it, you will essentially never get to your Local Files without manually queueing them up. You need to fix this, Spotify. My Local Files should shuffle in with everything else, not be segregated to the end of the list. This is really making me want to switch to Apple Music, as much as I disliked the thought up until now. 

4 Replies

Hello, I'm just bumping the thread because I'm having exactly the same request: please let "shuffle" use all files at once, not shuffle local and Spotify files separately and then play those two blocks after each other. I only recently started using local files and I was so excited about it, but a complete shuffle is very important to me. 

Popping in a couple years later with similar issues.

There is a similar issue with local files in "Liked Songs" shuffle. I've found that if you simply shuffle "Liked Songs", local files will not show up. But, if you shuffle "Local Songs" and begin by clicking a local file, then local files will be properly distributed throughout the shuffle (I did this by checking the queue).

The playlist issue seems to be fixed though (I've made playlists with local files and the shuffle function works properly).

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry! Help is on the way 🙂

We'd suggest you start off by restarting the device. Then you can log out and log back in to the account.

If that doesn't help, it's a good idea to give these steps a go. That way you can make sure the cache is not leading to this issue.

@koalakid The workaround you've suggested is very good. You can also try the steps mentioned above to check if it works smoothly.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah this is a pain in the **bleep**, only sometimes when I play them more do they get shuffled in but rarely. On Android.

Suggested posts