Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not appearing on iPhone

Local Files not appearing on iPhone

I have a premium Spotify account and have followed all of the steps for adding local files to my desktop Spotify app on Windows 10. I have successfully uploaded all the songs I wanted to and they play just fine on the app. I added all the songs to a playlist. BUT, even when I am connected to the same Wifi as my iPhone 8, the local file playlist shows as empty. There is not an option that says "Make available offline." only "Download". There is no songs on the playlist to download on my phone, only the desktop app. Has anyone else had this issue? I even uninstalled the Spotify app on both my desktop computer and my phone, and still nothing is working.

I have attached the view of the same exact playlist on my desktop app on Windows 10 and my iPhone 8, on the same Wifi.

Screenshot (21).png
Spotify.jpg
3 Replies

Hey there @Francoco1993

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

It's a good idea to try changing the source location of the local files on your PC. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files to your iPhone again. 

Also, check out this help page for further tips on how to manage your local files. Here you’ll find useful info on format requirements and permitted file sources.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thank you for the reply! There was actually a much simpler answer that I found from my partner. After over 2 hours on chat with three different folks from Spotify support with no avail, I realised that when I had a Galaxy (Android phone), I had no problem listening to my local files from my Surface Pro (Windows 10).

Because I now have an iPhone, the files were not transferable from a Windows device to an Apple device. All I did was move my mp3 files from my Surface Pro to my partner's Mac, and I had my local files super easily! I wish that someone would have told me that before I spent hours trying to figure it out.

Hey @Francoco1993,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We’re happy to hear this is fixed for you. It'll also be useful to other users experiencing the same issue 

Now you can enjoy your music with Spotify again. 

Enjoy your day and keep well! 

Suggested posts